Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and 4 moons just now! 23-April-2019

SalehRam

Hi all!

Was testing my new shiny mod for the telescope (OnStep controller) and I thought to take the chance and get some videos for the moon and Jupiter...

Processed Jupiter videos, but still the moon ones for tomorrow... As for what I got for Jupiter... I guess this is my best so far! Not sure if this is related to the new motors and tracking from OnStep but this is the first time I get to see this view! cool.pnglol.gif

final_before_gimp-2x_barlow-gain10-expo400_processed.png.ed3064f207b255f0a3e0c354b4eff85b.png

final_before_gimp-2x_barlow-gain10-expo400_processed_2.png.8ae7efe6aa063477b69d5b105f001331.png

Had 2 versions, one is moderately modified wavelets in Registax, the other one I went a bit far to show more details in it...

Tech stuff:

• Scope: My little lovely Celestron Omni XLT 102 (4", f/9.8)
  • Camera and optics: ZWO ASI224MC, 2x barlow, Fringe-killer + UV/IR cut filters
  • Capture specs: gain 10, exposure 400ms, captured 5x60s videos using SharpCap
  • Processed with PIPP, Autostakkert, Registax, then did some extra color fixes in Gimp and enhanced the moons visibility as well.

Had this from inside the house through the window lol.gif

• Like 5

That is great, Saleh, ... and you caused me to pause. "Jupiter's moons are in much more of a straight line than that," I thought, "I bet some of those are stars." But checking on CdC I was wrong and you are right - you've got all 4 moons. Congratulations on a great start.

6 hours ago, SIDO said:

You always get extra points for window astro or at least from me you do, well done and nice detail for a window shot...Indeed 

Well, I would always love to get an open sky all the time, but I'm trying to use what I have to the best! Even thinking to do some mods to help me with my misaligned setup to get things better!

Thanks a lot for the feedback :) makes me really happy to see how my limited setup is giving good impressions!

4 hours ago, Demonperformer said:

That is great, Saleh, ... and you caused me to pause. "Jupiter's moons are in much more of a straight line than that," I thought, "I bet some of those are stars." But checking on CdC I was wrong and you are right - you've got all 4 moons. Congratulations on a great start.

Well that's why I said this is the first time I see this view of Jupiter! So far this is the most awesome view I have got for it! My first time seeing it I saw the 4 moons in a straight awesome line, now I see them all around it like it's children (sorry getting poetic here :lol: ), I kind of wishing now I had more open sky and more time to try and capture some motion for those around it... must be a great thing to have and do... This is I ever get the same view again!

• Like 1