Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Guiding improvement suggestions - post-belt mod now

tooth_dr

At face value the numbers look ok on the screen shot but really need to see the guide log. 

Note that the belt mod does not fix the major source of backlash which the worm/ring gear interface

35 minutes ago, spillage said:

PA and neutral balance are really important with the belt mod. I usually get around 0.6" on average.

Thanks. I did a very careful 3 axis balance and my PA was done with Sharpcap, and was excellent. 

4 minutes ago, kens said:

At face value the numbers look ok on the screen shot but really need to see the guide log. 

Note that the belt mod does not fix the major source of backlash which the worm/ring gear interface

Thanks. I’m going to do a run this evening. I’ll post guidelogs. 

The minmo values recommended are quite high - more than 1" on both axes. That is limiting your guiding. Were the conditions particularly poor  when you ran the GA? Looks like some cloud came over near the end

Dec backlash is also evident. Did you measure it with the GA?

On 05/05/2019 at 23:33, kens said:

The minmo values recommended are quite high - more than 1" on both axes. That is limiting your guiding. Were the conditions particularly poor  when you ran the GA? Looks like some cloud came over near the end

Dec backlash is also evident. Did you measure it with the GA?

Thanks Ken for looking at this.  On that occasion I did run GA, and used the values recommended.  The sky was not cloudy when using GA, and only at the end then I packed up.   Dec backlash I think was quite high.

I since had the mount out again and adjusted the backlash.  I ran calibration, then did GA.  I used the values recommended by it.  Backlash has now come back at around 1100ms.  The minmo values always seem to be around that, so maybe I just have bad seeing a lot when I live?  I will upload another log file from last night.  I had to guide at 0.5s to get anything at all, and with that it was around 1".  If I went to 1 or 2s if just seemed to go up and down 4".