Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

List of members equipment at foot of post.

It's possible to edit out the signature, but it wouldn't take much guessing to work out an approximate value:

90mm, 1250mm focal length f/13.8 Maksutov-Cassegrain telescope. 2x barlow, 9.7mm, 26mm, 12.4mm and 15mm EPs, white light solar filter.
8", 1200mm Dob, 10mm and 25mm EPs (1:10 Microfocus). RACI finderscope, flocked).
70°: 32mm, 82o24mm,18mm, 30mm and 14mm, Plossls: 25mm, 11mm and 8mm, 55°: 6mm, 60° 7mm and 5mm, 2" UHC filter.

1 hour ago, Altocumulus said:

As a newbie who can't find the appropriate setting; I guess I need a minimum post-count for a signature option to become available?

Interesting comments re: insurance; but mine only wanted details of individual items above £2500; and that "does Sir take it outside?"

Click on your username by the side of your avatar at the top of the page and select account settings from the options. Then select signature from the settings at the side.

44 minutes ago, david_taurus83 said:

Regarding the desktop setting, if you scroll to the bottom left you'll find the Theme tab. Clicking that enables to switch to desktop view.

Screenshot_20190424-103018_Firefox.jpg

Clicking on the three dots at the top left also allows access to desktop mode.

1 hour ago, Cornelius Varley said:

Click on your username by the side of your avatar at the top of the page and select account settings from the options. Then select signature from the settings at the side.

I think I'm a bit short on the coupons to get the key.

On 23/04/2019 at 19:32, bingevader said:

That's a shame, if what has been said is true with regards to insurance.

They don't miss a trick, do they?!

My insurer will insure all my astro gear ... as long as it is indoors. Once I take it out of the front door, it isn't covered. Really useful!

This is why I decided a couple of years ago to set up my own "astro insurance" fund. I've earmarked one block of shares as "astro insurance" and if I lose anything, then they will cover the cost of replacement. Plus they have been steadily increasing in value at just over 10%pa (over the long term), so that is an added bonus compared to the money-pit that paying insurance premiums tends to be.

• Like 2

Isn't the equipment somewhat essential?

Being short sighted, I need "equipment" just to look up at a clear sky. :D

This thread hasn't been hijacked, has it?

We were discussing the reasons for not posting a "List of members equipment at foot of post." :)

My website is in my signature and if you were to go to that it's like a shopping list for burglars LOL!

I, like most have some security measures in place that will make any attempt at theft at my property like a scene from "Mission Impossible" ?

You know, the scene with the attack cat called Orion who slides down a zip wire from the roof to the observatory, but it snaps half way because he's so fat....poor Orion ?

Agent Orion - in the shadows - never seen....

Agent Orion.JPG