SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Viewing today

garryblueboy

Set up around 10am and straight away quite a lot of activity around the limb some very big proms and hedges slight facile around 11.00 Appearing top right seeing comes and goes but some great proms most of the day a shot from phone not best 

274DDF08-4AC3-4D37-8033-851500BA1527.jpeg

F2CCFA5F-382E-49D1-AB6E-03A7F5C7E753.jpeg

53006645-AE95-41C0-BD36-E837E6E6BE94.jpeg

B7C8965A-1EB3-4B77-A6B3-4EE46D8BC912.png

40 minutes ago, Ignoro said:

I've never watched the sun with a solar scope... How much detail is visible really?

It looks so nice but expensive :)

Plenty when the seeing is good! It can be quite amazing watching proms develop as you observe them, some are quite fast moving. The disk was quiet as far as I could see today, no filaments to speak of, but one large group of proms and a few other fainter ones scattered around the limb.

Entry level doesn't have to be silly money, a used PST at around £500 or less can show plenty.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Plenty when the seeing is good! It can be quite amazing watching proms develop as you observe them, some are quite fast moving. The disk was quiet as far as I could see today, no filaments to speak of, but one large group of proms and a few other fainter ones scattered around the limb.

Entry level doesn't have to be silly money, a used PST at around £500 or less can show plenty.

For now I'll stick with the night sky, but it's great that you can see the motion, unbelievable...

Sometime I'll have a look one way or another...

Archived