SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Some dusty data to play with.

Allinthehead

Hi all. If like me you've been clouded out of it for weeks on end, a bit of relief might come in the form of data to play with.

This is my Dusty Taurus from November 2018. 6.5 hrs in 150 second subs with my now sold (what was i thinking?)  Tak Epsilon 130 and an Asi 071.

A feint molecular cloud 450 light years from earth which includes Cederblad 30 and LBN 782

This was my effort

617762115_DustyTaurus.thumb.jpg.fd78c5e77ce651d16f4d581c3d4fcb44.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2z3r90478lvyhl/St-avg-23700.0s-WC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_MNC-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AA-RL-noMBB-lpc-cbg.fits?dl=0

Look forward to see what you can do with the data.

Richard.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Allinthehead said:

Hi all. If like me you've been clouded out of it for weeks on end, a bit of relief might come in the form of data to play with.

This is my Dusty Taurus from November 2018. 6.5 hrs in 150 second subs with my now sold (what was i thinking?)  Tak Epsilon 130 and an Asi 071.

A feint molecular cloud 450 light years from earth which includes Cederblad 30 and LBN 782

This was my effort

617762115_DustyTaurus.thumb.jpg.fd78c5e77ce651d16f4d581c3d4fcb44.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q2z3r90478lvyhl/St-avg-23700.0s-WC_1_3.0_none-x_1.0_MNC-NS-full-qua-add-sc_BWMV_nor-AA-RL-noMBB-lpc-cbg.fits?dl=0

Look forward to see what you can do with the data.

Richard.

This is absolutely beautiful mate. I could only wish to come anywhere close to this processing skills. I'm like most am learning.

• Like 1

Very nice Richard, hard to image the stars with all that annoying dust up there :grin:

Started on the LBN777 Little Eagle in that neck of the woods last year about the same time as your image here I think, must try to remember to continue it.

Dave

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HunterHarling said:

You sold your tak?? What replaced it?

It's a long story, i'll try to be brief. Originally i wanted a longer focal length so my plan was an Esprit 120. Another issue was the diffraction and large halos i was getting which i grew to really hate. Lastly because i have to set up for every imaging session, i found the Tak was losing collimation quite often as a result of the constant movement and while collimation is pretty straight forward it still would take me about an hour on a seperate mount inside the house. So i decided to sell and agreed a price with a member here.

While in the middle of the sale we made a decision to start saving to move to a darker sky site? so extra spending on astro bits has been suspended. As i had already agreed to sell i decided i would replace it with a second hand Esprit 100 and put the money saved towards the move.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Uranium235 said:

Hmmm, tried to get some more of that background dust to appear - but it blew up the stars slightly. Might be worth taking it down the LLRGB+SMI route, that would take about 3 hours though :)

LBN__gradX_SMI_curves.thumb.jpg.69795141c8a1920b3ea316b596928072.jpg

Nice one Rob. Very dusty

On 20/04/2019 at 11:59, Allinthehead said:

This was my effort

That is a very impressive image Richard, well done.

Alan

• Thanks 1