SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New mount suggestions

souls33k3r

4 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

I would've ditched the Pegasus UPB USB hub for the built in USB 3.0 if i had the choice but since it doesn't then i'll be keeping Pegasus but would be good to see if the built in hub in the mount and whatever else ports it's got has got any uses. 

Hi,

Do not put too much hopes in thinking that USB 3.0 will solve all problems.

It is the most finicky transfer bus I have ever had ...

Rainer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/05/2019 at 16:03, Rainer said:

Hi,

Do not put too much hopes in thinking that USB 3.0 will solve all problems.

It is the most finicky transfer bus I have ever had ...

Rainer

I agree. I was having great trouble with downloading data from my QHY168C over USB3. Tried it with multiple computers and periodically it would hang or produce a corrupted frame. Having torn my remaining hair out for several days, I tried switching to USB2. Behold! No lost frames and an average download time almost the same. USB2 is just more robust for the things we want to do (at least at the moment!). 

1 hour ago, old_eyes said:

I agree. I was having great trouble with downloading data from my QHY168C over USB3. Tried it with multiple computers and periodically it would hang or produce a corrupted frame. Having torn my remaining hair out for several days, I tried switching to USB2. Behold! No lost frames and an average download time almost the same. USB2 is just more robust for the things we want to do (at least at the moment!). 

With QHY my experience has been that it's not the technology, it's their drivers and how they don't test them before sending it out.

Recently they put out drivers that totally ruin the ability to get a correct exposure for the 163, and it wasn't fix properly, you had to download a new DLL from their forum. I would look to see if they have a new driver with the fix included but at this stage unless there's a new issue that I need fixing I am not changing to a different version of their driver again.

• Like 1