Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2.thumb.jpg.7719b6f2fbecda044d407d8aba503777.jpg

I have had this mount for a year or so and it has served me well. The mount is in decent condition for its age. The tripod has a few scratches on it, as does the saddle and the counterweight bar. It has been fitted with a SynScan EQ5 kit to give it Goto and tracking. I used it with the wireless module (not for sale) and Sky Safari along with the SyncScan app - hence my fumbling with the SynScan hand controller in the video!

Tracks well. Goto puts the target in the finder OK, maybe could be improved with some tweaking. I used this mount with a variety of scopes from 2KG up to about 10KG which I believe is the maximum payload. I can’t speak to how well the tripod would work with the higher load as I used the mount initially with a Berlebach Uni and then it has been on a permanent pier for the last six months (covered with a TeleGizmo cover).  Fitted with a polar scope. I removed the batteries used to illuminate it so they didn’t leak as I didn’t need it once on the pier. These can be easily fitted (2xAA).

Included in the sale is a nice Lynx astro power cable, a 7.7KG Celestron counterweight (in addition to the original Vixen 3KG one) and an ADM adapter to fit a different saddle - I used a Losmandy one. 

Selling because I have an AZ-EQ6 on the way. A HEQ5 concrete pier adapter will also be up for sale soon.

Asking £400 but open to sensible offers. Buyer collects due to weight and bank transfer or cash on collection preferred.

Thanks for looking.

Al

8119A460-4071-480F-AC88-EC470E9AFF3B.jpeg

A772D6E3-D834-4A8E-A4A1-464928A6AD93.jpeg

0B274C77-5A49-4FD4-9B22-EF1A2F61E1BA.jpeg

• Like 2

I have one of these with a similar SynScan set-up.  I reckon it guides and tracks better than my NEQ6 (0.5 rms on a good night, compared with 0.8 for the NEQ).  Also think that it can take way more than 10kg.  I had a C9.25 on it with CCD etc. for years and it didn’t bat a proverbial eyelid.  £300 is an absolute steal, you really should shift this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Still for sale. I could try and work out a cost for posting if that helps anyone.

Al