Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

lguise

COMPLETED - Skyfi wireless controller. Must be older version

Hi I am looking for one of the older Skyfi units, the one which takes normal batteries. I can offer either cash to buy or a swap for one of the newer Lithium rechargeable units. It works perfectly but I need one of the old ones to 'bury' in the base of a Dob where it is hard to remove.

Many  thanks,

Linton

Hi Linton

Out of curiosity, how will you change the batteries on the old version which has non-rechargeable batteries, if you bury it in the base of your dob ?

You could make one with a HLK RM04 kit.

Info on Connecting to a Telescope on the US Converters website

Michael 

22 hours ago, michael8554 said:

Hi Linton

Out of curiosity, how will you change the batteries on the old version which has non-rechargeable batteries, if you bury it in the base of your dob ?

You could make one with a HLK RM04 kit.

Info on Connecting to a Telescope on the US Converters website

Michael 

You can power the old skyfi's from external power rather than using the internal batteries. Once buried and external power plugged in, no need to go near it again.

Thanks Linton

But the Mk 3 has a usb charging port too, your fear is that the lithiums will eventually fail......?

Michael