SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

hello everyone,

i have a problem with my go to system.

when i pick a star for the alignment process (sirius for example),the mount goes to the right direction but there is a big distance from where the mount stop to the location of the star in the finder scope and eyepice.

is this something common or am i doing something wrong??

thanks for the help

*all the cordinates and data seems to be fine.

The first alignment will always be out, how much depends on the accuracy of your location, time and date info which the handset uses to slew the mount to where it believes the star is. After the mount has stopped slewing either release the clutches and adjust the  alignment, relock the clutches and press <enter> or use the direction keys to do the same. The handset will then know more accurately where the second alignment star is.

Hi kodos,

As said above small errors ( a couple of degrees ) with the first star are common.

Larger errors are very often caused by using the wrong date format. The American MM;DD;YYYY is required.

If the RA seems to be about 15 degrees out this points to an error in the time/time zone/ daylight saving setting.

It  is well worth double-checking all your settings.

As Peter says first alignment star will be out how far depends on Accuracy if using handset to centre star finish with right and up, this will help with backlash.  Your second alignment star will be very close and as before finish with right and up. This is in the handbook I only found out when a good friend told me I read the handbook and there it is never even knew.

Archived