Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Hi

Imaged on 12/04/19 using my Intes-Micro MN56 Telescope, with ZWO ASI 178MC camera.

Regards,

Steve

Moon-12-04-19_JPEG.jpg

• Like 15

Brilliant image Steve :) 

A right Cracker this is Steve. Details are pin sharp, and contrast superb.
You've piloted your setup to a lovely conclusion, and I presume your  "I won't be back"
means simply that you are well happy with this one, and so you should be.
Well Done Matey. :icon_salut:

Ron.

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind comments (especially Ron), I think that my Intes-Micro MN56 Mak Newt, paired up with the ZWO ASI178MC camera is a killer combination for lunar imaging.
Can't wait to see some of the results that I get when I use my x2 barlow, for lunar close ups.
As many of you know, the optics on the Intes-Micro MN56 are superb, this helps a great deal in getting pinpoint focus of the moon (it just jumps out at you from the laptop screen!)
I purchased my MN56 over 10 years ago and I was lucky that it arrived in perfect collimation, and seems to have stayed that way. It is built like a tank and baffled like a Black Hole! A fantastic scope.
Regards,

Steve