Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_supernovae_remnants_winners.thumb.jpg.a13d54fa405efa94ed30e7abd590ee55.jpg

davhei

M67

Had a great session yesterday observing features from the Lunar 100 from my home. Light pollution from the surburban setting and nearby street lamps didn’t make a difference for lunar observation but made deep sky difficult.

Nevertheless I finished the evening with the Beehive cluster (M44) and M67.

M67 is one of the older open clusters in our galaxy and contain many stars similar to the sun.  It looked pretty faint with the light pollution but was a fun target to sketch. Possibly the last sketch for this season as we are moving into the nordic white nights here.

Have a nice summer!

8EC35969-06CB-4DE0-8150-A5D7F6517550.jpeg

Edited by davhei
  • Like 8

Nice sketch of M67. Thank you for sharing it with us all 

• Like 1

Very nice sketch. I had a look at M67 on Saturday evening after observing the Moon near to the Beehive cluster but it was a bit washed out by the Moonshine.

• Like 1