SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AR2738 Desktop

I have a reducer for my camera, but I wanted full resolution. Unfortunately, not using the reducer means I also can't get the full solar disc. I was trying to decide the best way to frame up the sun. I thought to myself, what is the most likely way I will use the image? As a desktop back ground of course. Now, I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to have a ton of icons on the left hand side of my Win10 desktop. You find a beautiful image for your desktop and upon setting it as the background, it's immediately covered by icons. Sooo, I chose to shift the sun to the right side of the frame and towards the bottom. And this is what I got. I took this image after a solar viewing event I held at my place of work during a lunch break on 4/11. Everyone in the building (175+) were amazed with the picture of the sun I was throwing up on the widescreen TV I had setup. I may not have captured many of the proms that day or in great detail, but I think I did a pretty good job of capturing the structure of the AR.

Equipment:
Lunt LS80THa Single Stack, ZWO ASI178MC, iOptron Skyguider Pro

15_47_54_pipp_AS_P15_lapl6_ap235_RS_PS2.jpg

Edited by Buzzard75
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Love the way it is offset to the right, and that sun spot.....feels like the all seeeing eye. The shadows give it that 3D view. Great picture imo.

Edited by Hughsie
  • Thanks 1