Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Lurcher

Terminator Challenge #23

Hi,

Hoping I'm getting doing this correctly. (Not entered any challenges or competitions before, (sympathy vote).

Here's my sketch I did last night from my back garden between 9.05pm and 9.30pm.

I could see the moon would be visible for a while between the Scots Pine tree in our garden and the back of our house, so I set the telescope down to give a good view, but unfortunately, despite forecasts for fairly clear skies there were a lot of clouds rolling around. So much so I decided not to bother doing a two star alignment and simply kept moving and adjusting the scope as the moon moved through the eyepiece. I noticed after a while that Phad in Ursa Major and Arcturus behind me were perfectly clear and everytime the moon clouded over I was tempted to quickly try an alignment, but I was then persuaded to keep going by a small gap in the clouds which might have been the last one as far as I knew!

The sketch was done between the times shown. I then added the text this morning after finding the area I had drawn in Philip's Moon Observer's Guide.

Thank you for looking.

Clear skies!

ScanItem-001.jpg

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this