Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

Moonshane

Finally started on my obs

You've clearly grafted very hard, and it looks fantastic as a result. Loving the pier adaptor/wine rack also! :) 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Moonshane said:

Obviously here 😁

1502558769715350555654.jpg.3f8e659ec2967f5ac98991065773bb40.jpg

So that is what that is for. You learn something new everyday on this site 🙂 

An absolutely marvellous achievement, you well deserve a glass or two 🥂

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang
  • Thanks 1

Moonshane my friend, just wondering, IF, as you state, you will use the top of your tripod head re the mount proper, how will you cope with the screw that goes through the centre of said mount head that fixes the HEQ mount in place?, won't there be a need for some form of space so as to be able to screw the mount up firmly? or am i missing some thing, cheers mate; i just might do the same as you propose as, i won,t be going out and about with my set up but just in the OBS.

Best regards,        Tom.

Hi Tom

In the end, my neighbour gave me a steel ring which I can use - see above.

That said they way I was going to do it was to use a piece if 30mm square section steel and replace the legs with them to a suitable length to allow the steel to be set into the concrete. That way I could always remove the head and use the tripod normally. Yes there would / will be enough gap to allow me to get a socket on the bolt I will use in place of the standard hand wheel.

Hope this helps.

Are yes, i see and understand, nice idea mate!!!.......

Regards,         Tom.