Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn is coming!

astroavani

spacer.png
First photo of good quality this season, entitled to almost everything that is expected in a reasonable Saturn, equatorial bands, very distinct, Ring of Crepe and mainly hexagon perfectly outlined with the very distinguished eye in its center.

• Like 19

Stunning images Avani! And do I see the Encke Gap on the right side of the A Ring, or is it the Encke Minima? I'm never really sure.

I've been studying Damien Peach's images of Saturn and I have to say yours are just as good if not better than his, amazing!

• Thanks 1

On 13/04/2019 at 06:58, Geoff Barnes said:

Stunning images Avani! And do I see the Encke Gap on the right side of the A Ring, or is it the Encke Minima? I'm never really sure.

I've been studying Damien Peach's images of Saturn and I have to say yours are just as good if not better than his, amazing!

You can`t say that!!! Ha Ha Ha!! He won`t be happy.....

Fantastic image though and i think its as good!! Pity its so low from the UK for the next few years...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic images.
Im going to have a try tomorrow morning.
My images will be nowhere like these and I have just a small gap between the trees and neighbours as it skims the turbulent rooftops.
Might try a red or orange filter to see if that helps.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Excellent images as always.

Saturn is so low down here 'up north' for the next few years that all I anticipate is a fuzzy blob...

Thats exactly what I got the other morning -  fuzzy blob with ears.

• Haha 2