Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

FLO

iOptron Mounts Pricing & Availability

Total. We are predicting two weeks. 

HTH

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FLO said:

Total. We are predicting two weeks. 

HTH

woop woop! i hope they're packing these mounts with haribos as a compensation for the wait ;)

• Haha 1

Not happy

2 minutes ago, AngryDonkey said:

Then which one are you?

Grumpy? :D

James

CEM60's still delayed...

Our latest delivery of iOptron mounts will land at Heathrow tomorrow so should be with us within one week 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In addition to 'unboxing threads' we now have 'truck shots' :D

877869165_iOptron52186FLO3_truck.thumb.jpg.7e531ae7cbe3f8c636d968c8039368fa.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FLO said:

In addition to 'unboxing threads' we now have 'truck shots' :D

877869165_iOptron52186FLO3_truck.thumb.jpg.7e531ae7cbe3f8c636d968c8039368fa.jpg

Can i request a truck shot when my mount leave the HQ? :D

1 hour ago, souls33k3r said:

Tonka or otherwise 🤔

3 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

I’m sure they would oblige. 😁

52FA744F-4FFA-44D5-A258-AD6580B85739.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Am I allowed to laugh... 🤭😁

Joking aside, we are starting to get a feel for the logistics so are growing confident we can shorten these delays over time 

Steve 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FLO said:

Am I allowed to laugh... 🤭😁

Joking aside, we are starting to get a feel for the logistics so are growing confident we can shorten these delays over time 

Steve 

We're all humans after all so yes you are allowed to laugh Steve unless you're a bot and I've completely lost it by having an active conversation with one 😛

• Like 1

Whirr ... beep .... boop ... click ... 🤖

• Haha 2

I'm sure I can see my AZ Pro.

Glen.

On 25/06/2019 at 09:48, FLO said:

Our latest delivery of iOptron mounts will land at Heathrow tomorrow so should be with us within one week 🙂 

Now it’s at the Bristol depot so should be with us tomorrow or Wednesday 😎

Steve

• Like 2

All hands on deck! 😀

One of the two pallets being unloaded. 

They have only just arrived so the majority of orders will be processed and dispatched tomorrow for delivery to customers Friday. 

Thank-you for your patience. 

delivery.jpg.1e138cdbee2cafddd5321e495442ba2b.jpg

• Like 1

Work in progress... 

delivery-2.jpg.1da03186f7b5e100c44d0e8102b3da65.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow! that's quite a load. Do you carry out pre-delivery checks Steve, or 
is confidence in the Mount high?
It would delay delivery a little  for those already chomping at the Bit Though, if PD's were to be done😃.
Ron.

28 minutes ago, barkis said:

Do you carry out pre-delivery checks Steve

We don't and I don't think anyone has requested one. Also, so far, we haven't experienced a single customer return. (It is inevitable we will, sooner or later, but so far there have been none). 

Why do you ask? Do you know of a retailer claiming to check iOptron mounts prior to dispatch? 

Steve 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, FLO said:

We don't and I don't think anyone has requested one. Also, so far, we haven't experienced a single customer return. (It is inevitable we will, sooner or later, but so far there have been none). 

Why do you ask? Do you know of a retailer claiming to check iOptron mounts prior to dispatch? 

Steve 

Some US retailers and one Canadian one seems to suggest they do. Although in the Canadian case I can report that if you ask the answer is very unclear, and I have heard reports they ask to be paid to do so. As you'd expect I no longer do business with that retailer for that and other reasons.

I'd be interested, but I suspect FLO would be shy about discussing it, how many units have gone out without returns. This is in relation to the constant disparaging of mass produced mounts as problem prone in other forums. 

Edited by cotak

I am not familiar with American and US retailers so cannot (and should not) discuss their behaviour 😇

Regarding pre-dispatch checks. We can offer pre-dispatch checks (at FLO we have an in-house workshop manned by my colleague, Rob, who services and repairs mounts) but nobody has requested it and our experience so far (we became an iOptron dealer March 2019) suggests it is not necessary. 

Rob is looking forward to someone returning an iOptron mount! He is itching to get inside one 🤗

HTH, 

Steve 

I had no ulterior motive asking the question, other than curiosity. I'm sure the packaging is more than adequate to keep the contents secure on their journey from the manufacturers. Also, I wouldn't expect all the consignment to be examined, but perhaps a random choice of one or two. Besides, I expect the quality control at the factory is sufficiently  thorough to promote confidence.

Please don't assume I'm questioning  your integrity, far from it,  I've never had any doubts whatsoever about FLO.  All the reviews I've submitted indicate that.

Ron.

No problem, Ron. I only wondered why you asked 🙂

Steve 

2 hours ago, FLO said:

I am not familiar with American and US retailers so cannot (and should not) discuss their behaviour 😇

Regarding pre-dispatch checks. We can offer pre-dispatch checks (at FLO we have an in-house workshop manned by my colleague, Rob, who services and repairs mounts) but nobody has requested it and our experience so far (we became an iOptron dealer March 2019) suggests it is not necessary. 

Rob is looking forward to someone returning an iOptron mount! He is itching to get inside one 🤗

HTH, 

Steve 

Well that's a sliver lining. 

The CEMs are really tight inside and not really designed to be serviced. I rather like the ieq45, much easier to work with.