Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

iOptron Mounts Pricing & Availability

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, FLO said:

Am I allowed to laugh... 🤭😁

Joking aside, we are starting to get a feel for the logistics so are growing confident we can shorten these delays over time 

Steve 

We're all humans after all so yes you are allowed to laugh Steve unless you're a bot and I've completely lost it by having an active conversation with one 😛

• Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 09:48, FLO said:

Our latest delivery of iOptron mounts will land at Heathrow tomorrow so should be with us within one week 🙂 

Now it’s at the Bristol depot so should be with us tomorrow or Wednesday 😎

Steve

• Like 2

All hands on deck! 😀

One of the two pallets being unloaded. 

They have only just arrived so the majority of orders will be processed and dispatched tomorrow for delivery to customers Friday. 

Thank-you for your patience. 

delivery.jpg.1e138cdbee2cafddd5321e495442ba2b.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! that's quite a load. Do you carry out pre-delivery checks Steve, or 
is confidence in the Mount high?
It would delay delivery a little  for those already chomping at the Bit Though, if PD's were to be done😃.
Ron.

28 minutes ago, barkis said:

Do you carry out pre-delivery checks Steve

We don't and I don't think anyone has requested one. Also, so far, we haven't experienced a single customer return. (It is inevitable we will, sooner or later, but so far there have been none). 

Why do you ask? Do you know of a retailer claiming to check iOptron mounts prior to dispatch? 

Steve 

29 minutes ago, FLO said:

We don't and I don't think anyone has requested one. Also, so far, we haven't experienced a single customer return. (It is inevitable we will, sooner or later, but so far there have been none). 

Why do you ask? Do you know of a retailer claiming to check iOptron mounts prior to dispatch? 

Steve 

Some US retailers and one Canadian one seems to suggest they do. Although in the Canadian case I can report that if you ask the answer is very unclear, and I have heard reports they ask to be paid to do so. As you'd expect I no longer do business with that retailer for that and other reasons.

I'd be interested, but I suspect FLO would be shy about discussing it, how many units have gone out without returns. This is in relation to the constant disparaging of mass produced mounts as problem prone in other forums. 

Edited by cotak

I am not familiar with American and US retailers so cannot (and should not) discuss their behaviour 😇

Regarding pre-dispatch checks. We can offer pre-dispatch checks (at FLO we have an in-house workshop manned by my colleague, Rob, who services and repairs mounts) but nobody has requested it and our experience so far (we became an iOptron dealer March 2019) suggests it is not necessary. 

Rob is looking forward to someone returning an iOptron mount! He is itching to get inside one 🤗

HTH, 

Steve 

I had no ulterior motive asking the question, other than curiosity. I'm sure the packaging is more than adequate to keep the contents secure on their journey from the manufacturers. Also, I wouldn't expect all the consignment to be examined, but perhaps a random choice of one or two. Besides, I expect the quality control at the factory is sufficiently  thorough to promote confidence.

Please don't assume I'm questioning  your integrity, far from it,  I've never had any doubts whatsoever about FLO.  All the reviews I've submitted indicate that.

Ron.

2 hours ago, FLO said:

I am not familiar with American and US retailers so cannot (and should not) discuss their behaviour 😇

Regarding pre-dispatch checks. We can offer pre-dispatch checks (at FLO we have an in-house workshop manned by my colleague, Rob, who services and repairs mounts) but nobody has requested it and our experience so far (we became an iOptron dealer March 2019) suggests it is not necessary. 

Rob is looking forward to someone returning an iOptron mount! He is itching to get inside one 🤗

HTH, 

Steve 

Well that's a sliver lining. 

The CEMs are really tight inside and not really designed to be serviced. I rather like the ieq45, much easier to work with.