SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

iOptron Mounts Pricing & Availability

Earlier this year FLO became an authorised iOptron UK dealer. Prior to this there was only one (that stocks a wide selection) and since we came onboard there is now another. So currently you have three iOptron UK retailers jostling for your attention 🤗

Pricing: 

Every week we check competitor prices then move ours up/down to match whichever is lowest. This ensures we are competitive but it can be a problem for someone who has placed an order at FLO then sees our price change prior to dispatch. Rest assured if this happens and you are out of pocket we will refund the difference. Promise 🙂

Availability: 

As a result of their focus on design and engineering iOptron have enjoyed significant sales growth for four consecutive years! Unfortunately significant growth puts a significant strain on manufacturing. The iOptron CEM60 and iOptron SkyGuider Pro are of course bestsellers but we now also have the newly released iOptron CEM40 (the first to feature iOptron's next generation design). Currently iOptron are prioritising the new CEM40. So far, they have supplied only single CEM40s to dealers who required one for an event but we expect they will make more available later this month. The CEM60 and SkyGuider Pro are both currently delayed due to a shortage of individual components. Fortunately we already have a quantity of StarGuider Pro in stock but we don't know when they will release more CEM60. We will post again in this thread as soon as we do. 

Hope that helps, 

Steve 

ioptron_CEM40_1.jpg

Yes ?

We have focused first on adding the mounts but also have a long list of accessories to add. If there is something you need that’s not already listed please email for a price & ETA. 

Steve 

The CEM25p should be arriving later this month. We will contact them again in the hope we can be more precise. 

I started this thread because it is becoming clear delays are not unusual. We will do our very best to post reliable info regarding availability. 

FWIW our first incoming stock order was huge! After it arrives and ongoing most of the mounts should be here in our warehouse available for overnight delivery. At least that’s the plan... 🙂

Thank-you for your patience, 

Steve 

3 minutes ago, FLO said:

FWIW our first incoming stock order was huge! After it arrives and ongoing most of the mounts should be here in our warehouse available for overnight delivery. At least that’s the plan... ?

Gonna need a bigger warehouse at this rate :grin:

Dave

PS: Red Cat on it's way I see :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Some are understandably emailing us expressing frustration at the way CEM60 mounts have been delayed.

iOptron assure us the delay is due to a single component shortage. They say they do not yet have a dispatch date.

In the absence of an official dispatch date retailers, including ourselves, are guessing when they might receive CEM60 mounts. Some guesses are clearly more optimistic than others but we are all only guessing.

iOptron assure us when the CEM60 does become available all retailers will receive their backorders around the same time. If one has stock a day or two before another then it will be due only to logistics. "The factory will prep and release them in the most efficient manner, it will happen quickly"

We understand how frustrating it is for those who have already ordered and paid for a mount. Rest assured we are doing our very best to fulfil orders. I.e. we have ordered several CEM60 mounts and have specified delivery by air freight, not sea (air is more expensive but faster). 

Thank-you for your patience ?

Steve 

I've been watching the iOptron CEM60 ad on the TS site. Yesterday it started by saying they were 6 days from a delivery, but the end of the day it said 23 days...

1 hour ago, fwm891 said:

I've been watching the iOptron CEM60 ad on the TS site. Yesterday it started by saying they were 6 days from a delivery, but the end of the day it said 23 days...

We are all only guessing. Our website has been displaying 15-20 working days (3-4 weeks) for a while now but that too is only a guess. What more can we do until iOptron restart production. 

FLO sources iOptron's products direct from their factory in China. We have specified air freight (not sea) so I cannot imagine how anyone can source them more quickly. (I guess if a boat left China with some CEM60 onboard destined for a retailer, before iOptron stopped production, then it might be docking around about now. But I think that unlikely). 

Steve 

My Canadian dealer told me the CEM60 production delays were over. My CEM60EC came within 2 weeks and that's due to shipping from iOptron USA to Canada plus me asking my dealer to delay his shipping to me for a few days so I can be in your capital on a business trip.

It seem their service their home market area (as in Boston Applied Technologies) first?

Edited by cotak

15 minutes ago, cotak said:

My Canadian dealer told me the CEM60 production delays were over. 

I so wish that were true but an email from the factory received earlier today says it isn’t. 

Perhaps the US distributor had some stock remaining after NEAF. I don’t know. We are a U.K. company so have no idea how things are done in US/Canada. 

Steve 

Hang on... Another email received late-afternoon suggests the wheels might be turning! Possibly only the CEM60EC models... 

It is out of hours here and at the factory but they are still at their desks in the US so will request an update. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cotak said:

My Canadian dealer told me the CEM60 production delays were over. 

Unfortunately that isn't true ?

We contacted the factory. They say production has not been resumed and won't be until they have overcome the component shortage. 

The email that got me excited last night said they had released a small number of CEM60EC mounts to us but it appears they were built and allocated before the component issue surfaced. 

However, the good news is we do have some CEM60EC mounts incoming ?

Steve

• Like 1

We have noticed one or two competitors are posting photos online of their iOptron deliveries. It appears to be a new trend and looks fun so we thought we would do the same ?

Our latest delivery photographed leaving iOptron's factory. It will be loaded onto a plane and should (we hope) arrive at our UK warehouse in approx one week. 

ioptron_enroute.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, BillyBoy said:

Any CEM60 in that little lot..? ?

No. That delivery doesn't include CEM60 mounts. We have ordered them but production is still on hold due to component shortage. Sorry ? 

As soon as we have news regarding CEM60 mounts we will post it here. Promise. 

Steve 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FLO said:

No. That delivery doesn't include CEM60 mounts. We have ordered them but production is still on hold due to component shortage. Sorry ? 

As soon as we have news regarding CEM60 mounts we will post it here. Promise. 

Steve 

I take it's the same story with the EC version as well Steve? 

20 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

I take it's the same story with the EC version as well Steve? 

The delivery does include a small number (probably only one or two) iOptron CEM60EC mounts with RA encoder. Apparently they were manufactured then allocated to us prior to the stoppage. 

11 minutes ago, fwm891 said:

Steve, Do you know what the component(s) is/are with the CEM60's. Is it a modification?

As far as we know it is not a modification. Just a single component that became unavailable. They haven't said which component. 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Thanks 1