Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orthoscopic eyepiece set on e-bay

Doc

IMHO it was a good deal but orthos are just not "fashionable" at the moment so nobody bid. He might do better to sell them separately - they should fetch £20 or so each.

The Telescope House ones are made by the same people who make the well known University Optics orthos - they look pretty much identical as well.

5 quality eyepieces for £85 quid posted is a good deal !.

John

You say they make the UO ones but I've heard the UO circle T ones are far surperior to the Telescope House ones.

I'm a little confused as to which ones are best.

university optics circle T

or

Telescope house

Hi.

The 'volcano top' ortho's from both Telescope House, Orion Optics(UK), University Optics, etc, etc, are (it's widely believed)all from the same manufacturer. They have a sticker on them that is a T inside a circle like here,

http://www.kkohki.com/English/kkohkiparts.html

All are made in Japan.

I presume U.O. order big batches and get them personalised. Just a guess.

I've tried an unbadged and a U.O. 7mm ortho. Couldn't see any optical or mechanical difference.

U.O. do make flat top 'HD' ortho's similar in appearance to the Baader ones. Some reviews suggest that better coatings 'n' baffling make for a lightly better view in these. But they are more expensive.

Andy.

As other posters have said, I believe that these eyepieces are made by the same Japanese company. The Telescope House EP's seem the same spec as the UO "classic" volcano tops (ie: multi-coated but not fully multi-coated) but UO also do the HD Orthos which seem to be pretty much identical to the Baader Genuine Orthoscopics except that the Baaders have the "Phantom Coatings". I agree it is confusing but I do believe that all these eyepieces come from the same source as do the unbranded circle-T ones.

You can get them personalised if you buy a batch of 25 or more I believe !.

John

Archived