sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

seeking help with an AG Telecompresor

I recently purchased an AG TC for use with a C11. But I am finding the instructions in the booklet that came with the device difficult to get my head around. I want to use this set up with a DSLR, but I'm not sure which adaptors or spacers I need. The booklet suggested the short BTA [TS Optics part TSSC-T2L] in combination with Baader vari-lock 46 [Part no. 2956946]] - which I have, with but that does not connect to the T-ring of my camera in such a way that the AG-TC is securely located. Can someone point me in the right direction as I think I need a custom adaptor for the 3.25" C11 SCT thread, to fit the AG-TC inside it. I have the standard Canon to 2" adaptor for use with any scope and I also have a 1mm thick T-ring for my Canon 700d / 60Da, that has a M42 female thread in it. The AG-TC can be sandwiched between the 1mm/M42F thread barrel connector I have but I think that I may not have enough back focus. I just want the right measurement for the length of the custom adaptor [3.25" SCT female to M42 Male] to mount it to the C11. Thanks. Robert

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By wavydavy
      Hi there, starting to get somewhere with my C11 HD Edge. On the 22nd got this one of M1 Crab nebula, in h-alpha. Used the 0.7 focal reducer, bring the FL to 1960mm. The camera was an Atik 314L+ mono. The filter was a baarder 7nm. The mount was a Ioptron CEM120, guided off axis with PHD2.

• By matthasboldlygone
      First night - missed the target and took lots of images of some nearby stars
      Second night - 35 x 2 min
      Third night - 60 x 2 min
      I've tried stacking the two nights separately and all together to give a total of 3 hours, but the stacked images all turn out roughly same. Think I must be limited somewhere else and the extra data isn't being captured. The best of the batch was a very quick process of night 3, 2 hours. I was happy to see the bubble shape and a bit of cloudy bits 👍

Bresser AR 102/600 - Bresser HD camera - Stacked in Siril, simple process in Pixinsight
    • By Star101
      I have been trying as I might to get some good lights of M51 over the last few months but the clouds only clear when its a full moon
      I managed to get two 600s images last night with no moon  but then high cloud appeared and although I could see the stars, my camera picked up the haze of clouds.
      Anyhow, here is a quick process of my lights ( 300s x 15 and 600s x15 ). Not cropped...look closely and you can see the stacking
      Hope you like.

Taken with C11 at f/10 using ATIK4120EX OSC on a Mesu 200 mount. Over the last few months of 2017.

• By Star101
      I took some images of Catalina last year. I was working on PixInsight and came across BLINK. That put me on the road to creating .GIF movies images. 
      Taken using ATIK 4120EX on my C11 using NEQ6 mount from my garden in UK.
    • By dokeeffe
      Testing out some focus and guiding changes and my new lodestarX2 guider.
      Celestron CPC1100 + Starizonia f6.3 reducer
      Atik 383L+, Atik WFW, Atik OAG
      11x600 sec with Baader 7nm HA filter
      All controlled with INDI + EKOS

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.