SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

which focuser

Hi all.

I'm thinking of changing my rack and pinion focuser on my skywatcher 200p, I have two in mind which are, Dual-speed low profile 1.25"/ 2" Crayford and Dual-speed Crayford 1.25/ 2" for skywatcher explorer, bearing in mind I will be attaching a Cannon DSLR to it. Apparently according to FLO they are both a direct fit and the prices are not to far apart for either of the focusers.

Thanks for the reply mikeyJ1, I really don't fancy re-drilling holes in my OTA, the other reason I picked these two focusers is, I have a Crayford on my skywatcher 180 MAK with a motor drive and depending on which scope I use I can swop the motor drive from one to the other.

Hi All.

First I must apologise to skywatcher because in fact the stock focuser on a 200P is not a rack and pinion at all but a single speed Crayford focuser, so with that in mind I have plumbed for two options either the skywatcher low profile dual speed focuser or do some work on the stock focuser as shown on you tube and then buy a lacerta dual speed 1:10 microfocus upgrade kit.

Archived