Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon in the Daytime !

Agreed, definitely worth it. The contrast is lower in the daytime but it is surprising what detail can still be seen.

I've observed Jupiter into broad daylight before. With a accurate tracking mount you can find it with a goto which is pre aligned, or just continue observing from a night time session. Amazing what can still be seen if only you can find it! Obvious caveats about being careful not to view the sun of course!

23 hours ago, Stu said:

Agreed, definitely worth it. The contrast is lower in the daytime but it is surprising what detail can still be seen.

I've observed Jupiter into broad daylight before. With a accurate tracking mount you can find it with a goto which is pre aligned, or just continue observing from a night time session. Amazing what can still be seen if only you can find it! Obvious caveats about being careful not to view the sun of course!

The above also applies to the planet Venus too!

I have been fortunate to view Venus, Jupiter & M57 in daylight. I was viewing through someone else's 'scope at the time and all on the same day.

I agree with the above - well worth the effort. I've had some of my best views of Jupiter when there is plenty of light still in the sky. Over the past few months I've also found Sirius a little easier to split (ie: to see the Pup star) before the sky gets full dark as well.

Viewing the Moon during the day can be quite rewarding, just be sure you are not pointing your telescope any where near the Sun and with the Moon at low altitude adjacent window pains or reflective surfaces could bring the Sun into your lens so always use care and be aware of your surroundings when useing optical magnifiers or devices during daylight hours.

Seeing will be best the more blue the sky, this is an indication of less cloud vapor and clearer skies the attatched smartphone photo was taken with my 150mm newtonIan during just such a deep blue sky in the mid afternoon.

Best of Luck and Clear Skies of course ?

Freddie...

IMG_20190316_185407-01-01.jpeg

2 hours ago, Alien 13 said:

All the stars are still there during daylight too, just try taking a flat without the T shirt in front of the lens :D

Alan

Took my very first wide field of the milky way last night with my new asi385mc and a Nikon camera lens, quite happy with it being my first and all but being a novice photographer I feel the t shirt got in the way again so those works arent quite worth sharing yet but I'll get there eventually, thanks for the wonderful advice I have noted it accordingly and may use it someday ? 

Archived