Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

When the moon is almost all terminator

Thin crescent from April 10, 2019. Taken with my Celestron C8, Baader IR-pass filter, and ASI178MM. Fifteen panes of 2000 frames shot, 500 frames stacked for each pane using AS!3, sharpened in ImPPG, stitched in MS-ICE, no further processing. The whole image is 5424x9420 pixels in size, so clicking for full resolution view is highly recommended

Moon_222941_lapl4_ap464_out_stitch.thumb.jpg.a4aa7be41caf7bb75cdf55998499126b.jpg

Nice work.  Like Ron I saw the Moon late yesterday afternoon and was thinking how good it looked.  Shortly before bemoaning the fact that I don't have my observatory finished yet :)

James

32 minutes ago, JamesF said:

Nice work.  Like Ron I saw the Moon late yesterday afternoon and was thinking how good it looked.  Shortly before bemoaning the fact that I don't have my observatory finished yet :)

James

Not to fret though James, these tempting targets will always be available when you do have your Obsy. all primed and ready for action?.

Ron.

Archived