Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p_winners.thumb.jpg.b3d48fd93cbd17bff31f578b27cc6f0d.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
andre2

Vixen SLV 12 mm vs 11 mm ES 82 .

Posted (edited)

Hi , i have heard that the vixen SLV Did well for alpha=H. ( and is a bit more comfortable then plossl and zoom) i have a normal pst ( max 50x) so i though that a 12 mm slv is the eyepieces needed . BUT , there is also the ES 11 82 eyepiece. Wich of these you prever for the pst? I dond use eye glasses. Thanks.

Edited by andre2

Hi Andre. Just been out with my Lunt 50 solar scope. The ep I used the most was my SLV 12 mm. It gave some lovely views. I also used a ES 14 ep. The wider FOV does give a different viewing experience, but on this occasion the SLV was slightly superior for contrast and sharpness of view. I have read that “simpler” eps are often better for solar viewing and I certainly prefer them.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I finally find an ES 10 mm 52 degree. And 12, 15 and 20 mm plossl. Becource the eye relief of 10 mm plossl is too tight.  Thanks!!

Edited by andre2