Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help needed - USSR Komz identification

Dear Stargazers.

I have a few items left to me by my grandfather, and I have just recently had the time to go through it. Among the contents I found binoculars. I have tried to identify them to the best of my abilities (thank you Google), and this is the conclusion I have come to.

Komz military binoculars, 6 x 24, made in 1966 (serial number 6600653). From what I can tell there is no sign of mold (good thing I have gathered) or other damages to the lenses. I also believe that the leather case is the original.

Since I am about as far away from an expert as one can possibly come - would you say that I have I identified them correctly? Also - how would I best go about it to find someone who might want to take them off my hands, since I won't be using them, and they seem to be rather good, atleast from what I can tell.

I will enclose som photos, and I hope that someone has the time to enlighten me.

With gratitude,

Joséphine 

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664.JPG

• Like 1

If you check the comments on Flickr someone says that first two digits of the serial number are year of manufacture. It makes sense looking at serials of your binos, the ones on Flickr and ones mentioned in comments being 7001991.

• Thanks 1

I had a pair of those a couple of years back. I sold them on e.bay and they did rather well I seem to recall. Mine were without a case but in better cosmetic condition than yours. I'm sure there is still value in your pair though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Those binoculars were produced in the gold period of the Soviet optic. Internet says that they have an excelent image quolity and exceptional depth of field. The producer KOMZ (Optical-mechanical factory in Kazan) is still very good. An official website of the manufactury http://www.komz-shop.ru/ if you are interested, and some similar ads https://festima.ru/docs/61092627/moscow/binokl-bpsh-6kh24-komz-made-in-ussr-redkiy Try e-bay!

Edited by StarWarrior