Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Dave1

Skylight 4" F15 telescope package

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone

I'm sure as some of you are aware, I haven't been all that active on here in awhile. That's because of a career change, where I now work nights. So with reluctance, I put up for sale this highly collectable telescope. This is the first 4" prototype Richard of Skylight telescopes built. Which the AR101/15 was later based off of. This is the telescope the Astronomy media review, also some of the members here also reviewed this telescope. It has a proven track record and excellent optics, with no damage.  This telescope in years to come will be highly collectable I suspect.

So the baffling in the OTA tube is the best I have ever seen, very close to the light path but does not enter the light path. Inside the OTA tube is jet black. It has a Baader Diamond Steel track focuser, very smooth and sure focuser, no complaints here! It has Japanese optics of a very high quality standard.  It comes with the scope rings and mount. It currently has a Vixen dovetail fitted, but would benefit from being upgraded to Losmandy mount. The rings are being thrown in for free, they came with the telescope. They are not the best in the world, but they work.

The dew shield has some patina, which I have captured in the photos. The OTA tube has some marks, but you can barely see them, again I have photographed them. The wooden box that the telescope comes with was hand built by Richard at Skylight, and as expected no attention to detail was missed. Every screw hole has been recessed, and the hinge for the lid is one huge long lid. A lot of love and attention went into building this box, as can be seen from the photo's. Telescope was cleaned today by myself. 

So the price? I'm looking for £1700

This telescope is a fantastic telescope, one of a kind, with a proven track record, a future classic, and collectors piece. Grab it whilst you can, telescopes like this don't come along very often!

I'm willing to drive half way to meet somebody, if they purchase the telescope. 

DSC_0638.JPG

DSC_0639.JPG

DSC_0646.JPG

DSC_0640.JPG

DSC_0641.JPG

DSC_0642.JPG

DSC_0643.JPG

DSC_0644.JPG

DSC_0645.JPG

DSC_0647.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

DSC_0649.JPG

DSC_0650.JPG

Edited by Dave1
  • Like 4

Open to offers, this lovely telescope needs to go to someone who will use it. 

I don't think I can justify spending what it's worth but blimey, what price a classic f15 refractor. 

Price reduction, this needs to go £1200 ono

Posted (edited)

I remember beta testing that scope a few years ago, a good scope.

Edited by philj

Yes I read your comments on it Phil before purchasing it. 

This is still up for grabs, price reduced to £1000

Right, I really need this gone! Its taking up to much precious space now! Open to offers. Any offer may be accepted. PM me your offer.

I would dearly love to own this but I have no space for it and it would become neglected - not what should happen to this historic masterpiece. I hope someone can give it the new life it deserves soon. 

• Like 2