Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep2_banner.thumb.jpg.e37c929f88100393e885b7befec4c749.jpg

Hi is anyone using Regim to stack using a dslr modded , currently trying to work out the settings in regim , im using a modified canon 1000D , do i need to set up libraw within regim ? if anyone has good success in using regim i would be interested in hearing what settings you are using .

On 06/04/2019 at 22:30, michael8554 said:

Havd you seen this ?

http://www.astropix.com/wp/2006/10/12/regim/

Michael

No I hadn’t seen that but I have seen this one before http://forum.startools.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1048  and yesterday after seven attempts of getting the settings right for my setup seemed to have done it as far as I can tell , I did have to install libraw and as I dither I loaded bias frames into darks in preprocessing , so I tried a previously processed image of m42 the result looks better and a good foundation to getting settings right  I will post what settings I used later in case it is of use to anyone else .

M42mk7SigmaCombinedFiles

Latest update same data  may need stretching a bit more but definitely looking better , gradient removal and platesolving  , star colour list and b-v colour used successfully, debayer pattern seems to be custom and first pixel red in preferences , definitely a  powerful stacking program.

0FEEA240-7440-432A-9E81-16DEA45AEC29.jpeg

Edited by bottletopburly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By chriscoles
      Hi, I have taken mono LRGB images of M51 with my new ASI1600mm-PRO.
      I have a mix of 30s, 60s, 120s subs. 100 darks, and 100 flats for each filter. About 4 hours total.
      I Used DSS for alignment and stacking, then Pixinsight for LRGB combination.
      My issue is that i'm not happy with the colours, the stars all appear white and the background is strange.
      I have attached the Aligned LRGB images.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Green.TIF red.TIF Lum.TIF B.TIF
    • By Tjk01
      Im not exactly new to astrophotography but I am definitely new to stacking images. I first tried deep sky stacker because it seems it's what everyone uses. Almost every time I've tried stacking it only wants to stack 1 image cause of a star detection error. I made the detection threshold so it would detect the most amount of stars and it doesn't help. I read other posts and thought it was a focusing error on the stars so I made sure to focus the image as much as possible and the error still pops up. The Orion nebula picture is one of a data set where I tried to stack and the error came up but the stars are very clearly visible. Any suggestions? 
    • By Pitiss
      When I stack with AstroArt 7 demo I get weird stars but I am sure I focused good. Why is that and how can I solve it?

• By Fraunhoffer
      I like live stacking as I can see the image develop and it saved my hard drive being cluttered up with thousands of images. 
      The downside, I have found is that if a cheeky wisp of cloud comes over, it often gets included (in spite of trying to clamp down the FWHM settings). Some of my images then have a like a grey smear over them.
      Then after and hour of live stacking I find it looks just like a greasy smear over the picture- which is a real pain to try and post process out.
      Always seems to happen when I pop indoors to make a drink etc.

I noticed that there was a setting on SharpCap. to save the stack- save and reset. Which I have not used yet.
      So Im thinking maybe I should do shorter live stacks eg. 30s for 5-10 minutes and then stack the results in A!S or DSS, so I can weed out the poorest sets, and I least I get something.
      Gives me a chance to do any slight re-adjustment too.
      Is a stack of stacks the same as doing a longer stack?

My rusty school maths says it should be - but thought I'd see if anyone else does this.
      (I guess the setting wouldn't be there otherwise)

Thanks

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.