Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Nikonman

Firmware updates from iMac

You will see from a separate thread I'm looking to buy a new GOTO setup. I've just realised that certainly of the two brands I'm considering (Skywatcher & Celestron) they only provide updates for Windows. All thoughts welcome, as at present this for me is a showstopper as no way am I delving back into the world of Microsoft. There are reasons I haven't time to go into here why it has to be GOTO and not manual.

Are you talking about updating the firmware in the handset? This is so rarely needed then I’d just get a mate to do the download etc on a Windows PC. I use an iMac and a MacBook Pro for everything except astronomy. Sadly there seems to be a lot more Windows based applications that I just couldn’t avoid it. 

Yes you are spot on and now you mention it I can think of the ideal person. Many thanks for offering some common sense advice.