Narrowband

California with the Star Adventurer Mini

sulaco

So here's a process of the California Nebula taken with Star Adventurer Mini which I just love, it really is great for a travel grab and go mount for timelapse and widefield.

The was taken a few weeks back but just got around to processing it in APP and PS.

Star Adventurer Mini, 500D with Sigma 105mm f2.8

lights 59 x 60s

Flats 59 

Darks 59

Bias 59

California_SAM_105mm final v1.jpg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, sulaco said:

So here's a process of the California Nebula taken with Star Adventurer Mini which I just love, it really is great for a travel grab and go mount for timelapse and widefield.

The was taken a few weeks back but just got around to processing it in APP and PS.

Star Adventurer Mini, 500D with Sigma 105mm f2.8

lights 59 x 60s

Flats 59 

Darks 59

Bias 59

California_SAM_105mm final v1.jpg

That’s nice. I have the same lens, so it’s nice to see what it’s capable of ??

• Like 1

You know I hanker after the Samyang 135mm but actually for the moment I think this is quite a capable lens with maybe just a bit of pinching in the far corner.

I balance it easily with a long plate adapter and can do 120s subs, not tried any longer yet.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sulaco said:

You know I hanker after the Samyang 135mm but actually for the moment I think this is quite a capable lens with maybe just a bit of pinching in the far corner.

I balance it easily with a long plate adapter and can do 120s subs, not tried any longer yet.

I bought a 180mm F2.8 lens that I’m goung to try out too some time. I’m out now imaging Auriga at a shorter focal