Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Finally I have a Clave scope to go with my Clave eyepieces

Finally I have a Clave telescope to go with my collection of Clave eyepieces. It's a 80mm objective with a 1208mm focal length making it F15.

It has a new aluminium tube, fully flocked with at least 5 baffles from what I can see. I have yet to use it due to poor weather but cannot wait to see if my Clave eyepieces work well with it.

Clave never made telescopes only objectives so the few scopes that are around are all the do it yourself variety.

I need to sort out a way to mount my red dot finder without damaging the tube, but i do have an idea for that. And it needs an handle between the tube rings.

These objectives are pretty rare and very hard to find.

Last photo shows my eyepiece collection to go with it.

Here's some photos.

sBAfYJ.jpg

sdHMh7.jpg

D2ja1n.jpg

QSOvzq.jpg

3A4c2n.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1343.JPG

Clave' of Paris eyepieces

10 minutes ago, alan potts said:

Very nice scope and collection of eyepieces, Fairly rare as well I would have thought Doc.

Have never seen another one Alan. 

Thats the first one of those that I have seen - really lovely looking scope Doc :icon_biggrin:

What tiny and delicate spacers between the objective elements - rather like TAL used on the original TAL 100's but more so. 

12 hours ago, John said:

Thats the first one of those that I have seen - really lovely looking scope Doc :icon_biggrin:

What tiny and delicate spacers between the objective elements - rather like TAL used on the original TAL 100's but more so. 

Thanks John.  I cannot remember if my TAL100r has those little spacers I will look today. As you say I've never seen one. only read about them, I'll post a thread up when the weather clears.

I'm looking forward to hearing how it performs Mick ?

Did you find a solution of how to mount the finder ??

I was going to suggest one option would be to mount in on the altitude axis of the mount rather than on the OTA itself.

On the DM6 i have a simple, small 90º bracket that fits onto the top of the altitude disc, above the saddle plate.

Its grooved and the Baader mounting screws into it. It works a treat.

37278740955_278731b133_c.jpg

On 06/04/2019 at 16:13, Doc said:

I need to sort out a way to mount my red dot finder without damaging the tube, but i do have an idea for that. 

Taking your known creations into account, your solution will be simple, elegant and engineered to perfection. Can't wait. :blob7:

Me, I merely added a dedicated tube ring. :icon_rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Taking your known creations into account, your solution will be simple, elegant and engineered to perfection. Can't wait. :blob7:

Me, I merely added a dedicated tube ring. :icon_rolleyes:

Thinking along those lines as well, but machined form black delrin.

Archived