Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
During the 3 clear nights in a row, I had last week, I could not resist giving the Horsehead Nebula a go, using my Vixen VC200L.
Whilst imaging with my Canon 450D via APT, I could not make out the Horse's head whatsoever on my laptop screen, but I knew I was on target, because I could see NGC2023, at the bottom of my screen.
Anyway I was pleasantly suprised with this result after processing through APP and tweaking in GIMP.
Not the total failure I was expecting.
Vixen VC200L Telescope
Canon 450D camera unmodified
All I could do before fog ended the night:-
x20 120 sec Lights, x20 100 sec Lights, x10 80 sec Lights, x10 40 sec Lights
x21 Darks, x40 Bias and x40 Flats
Processed in APP
Very pleased with my first ever attempt at imaging M31. Photo taken with my Orion ED80 Refractor, and Canon 450D DSLR at ISO 1600.
Only scraping the surface "exposure wise", I know, with 48 Lights (composed of mainly 60 sec subs, with some 30 sec subs thrown in as well).
7 Darks, 20 Flats ,20 Bias
Image processed from start to finish with Astro Pixel Processor (APP), of which I have just started a 30 day free trial.
I am VERY impressed with APP, after experiencing lots of frustration with DSS and GIMP.
Excited of what may be possible , when I begin to expose for longer periods of time., which I intend to do as a gain more experience.
Regards to all
This is about as good as I'll be able to get with this Barlow lens and the humidity/heat that we are having in the central part of Arkansas. I'll be getting ahold of a much higher quality Barlow at some point before the end of the year, probably a 3x or maybe even the 5x(not sure about the 5x on such a small refractor though, and the folks I've been asking apparently want to keep this a secret).....I digress. If you have suggestions on a 1.25" Barlow in either 3x or 5x....please let me know!
This is the full sized image-should be able to click and go full screen(I think).
Easy....from the ground up!
Battery pack and power source for laptop and mount.
Mount is still my iOptron ZEQ25GT
Optic is the Orion ED80(standard, not the triplet or carbon)
Celestron 2x Barlow with the red filter
Camera is the Imaging Source DMK 21AU618.AS(monochrome)-having to focus through the diagonal to get enough 'travel'(sure that doesn't help the quality)
No polar alignment was done, the Moon....well, it's the Moon. I set-up really close to where the normal alignment is, and called it good. After all, the sun was still up.....and the mosquitos were already feeding on me!
Shot twenty-five - 1,000 frame, uncompressed, Y800 videos.
Stacked those 25 videos as a 'batch stack' in AS!2.
Cropped all the 'funny stuff' off in LR2015, and then selected all 25 'photos' to be merged in PS2015.
Completed mosaic was then processed using NikCollection tools and some 'tweaks' in LR2015, border added in Picsas3.
Scott (got the "X" too) B