Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help Please . No colour

Its years since I last used my  ATIK 314L OSC. I've run the images through the artimus RGB program and saved every combination I can think of but the results never have colour. I must be missing a setting somewhere. If anyone could run through the process or offer guidance it would be much appreciated., Thanks. Trevor

As Michael points out, possibly Debayer setting, though if the wrong setting is used you would have a colour image, just that the colours would be wrong.

Did you remember to Debayer the image at all?

If you are combining subs in a stack did you remember to Debayer before combining?

If you Debayer after combining subs in a stack then the image would normally be monochrome because the RGB pixels in the individual subs would not align perfectly in the stack, alignment between subs would be against a star rather than against the Bayer matrix and you end up with red pixels over green over blue etc, the end result is a monochrome image.

Unfortunately can't help with Artemis since it only works with Atik cameras and I don't have one but the general procedure is acquire lights, darks, bias and flats, calibrate the lights with darks, bias and flats , then Debayer the lights and finally integrate the lights.

If you are working just with lights and no calibration frames then just Debayer then integrate (stack) the subs.

If you are still having problems post a link to a small selection of unprocessed raw lights in .fit's format (and calibration frames if you have them) in a free Dropbox or Google Drive account and someone here may be able to take a look in their copy of Artemis to see what is going wrong, you may even be able to attach a few .fits raw files here in the forum, just can't remember if that is possible here on SGL ATM.

HTH

William.

Archived