Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Prolifics

Correct Cable choice

Hi just wonderingt he best way of setting up an ASi1600mm pro cool a 8 wheel filter wheel and a aor130 mono guide camera on an eq6 pro.

Can I connect the guide camera to the ASI 1600mm pro and forget the autoguider port to the mount by using ascom drivers instead?

So the guide camera connects to the cmos camera. The filter wheel connects to the cmos usb socket on the camera?

The USB 3.0 port on the Cmos connects to a 3.0 USB HUb along with the mount cable from the rj12 from the Synscan remote and then the hub to pc?

Is that the correct way to set it up.

Thanks in advance.

22 minutes ago, Prolifics said:

Hi just wonderingt he best way of setting up an ASi1600mm pro cool a 8 wheel filter wheel and a aor130 mono guide camera on an eq6 pro.

Can I connect the guide camera to the ASI 1600mm pro and forget the autoguider port to the mount by using ascom drivers instead?

So the guide camera connects to the cmos camera. The filter wheel connects to the cmos usb socket on the camera?

The USB 3.0 port on the Cmos connects to a 3.0 USB HUb along with the mount cable from the rj12 from the Synscan remote and then the hub to pc?

Is that the correct way to set it up.

Thanks in advance.

Yes - don't use the ST4 port unless you have no other choice, communicating via the serial port on the handset or even better, EQMOD using an EQDIR cable and bypass the handset completely will give better, more reliable results.

Thank You for the quick reply. I am glad I am heading in the right direction. I am trying my hand at Astro Imaging as I found taking a large heavy scope outside just for viewing a bit much after a while. I took a 6 year break and now just getting the bits togther. I should have my full setup here end of this week. Fingers crossed :)