Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help! SharpCap Pro TEC problem

Hi all

I've connected my shiny new qhy183m to the ts 80mm and it worked fine under SharpCap Pro during the day the other day. However, I didn't bother with the TEC. But with a possibility of imaging tonight I wanted to have it working and to make some darks and flats. But the TEC control doesn't work properly. It only allows adjusting power - the rest is greyed out. That means I can't set the temperature properly - tut! I've posted on the SharpCap forum but don't know when/if anyone might respond.  I Have checked I have the latest qhy drivers and downloaded the latest 32 bit SharpCap.

Anybody else had this problem and maybe knows of a fix?

Louise

1 minute ago, knobby said:

Ok good but at least it proves cam is not faulty, maybe try an older Sharpcap version ?

I thought that but it doesn't let me install an older version. I suppose I'd have to uninstall the version I have which might be a pain. There is someone on the SharpCap forum who had the same problem but with a qhy183c and who first posted about it in Jan. It looks like it's either a SharpCap problem or a qhy system driver problem. There have been updates to their sdk and I'd have thought that would have sorted the problem. Robin will probably know but I've not had a reply on the SharpCap forum yet. It might be clear enough to do some imaging later so hopefully I'll be able to do some test shots, at least.

Louise

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Merlin66 said:

Louise,

I installed V2.9 along side V3.1 on my Win7 PC, no issues.

should work for you.

I finally got it to work - but with the Ascom driver. Hopefully the system driver will get fixed at some point...

Louise

• Like 1