Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pulseguide command to mount has failed

Hello fellow astronomers

last night I pulled the trigger and switched from a DSLR + ST-4 guiding to a Mono CCD using SGP and ASCOM/EQMOD + Pulse Guiding

it seems everything is working probably, Plate Solving is good, Meridian Flip is good, all and all is good, except the guider.
it looks like I can calibrate, auto pick a star, start guiding, but after like two minutes or even less, I get the error message "Pulseguide command to mount has failed"
I can hear the motors are working with the guider and every 5 seconds (more or less) one of the Axes move a bit too far (I can hear it spinning) then the graph shows a huge jump.

first I was guiding using SGP. then I decided to restart my PC, and just run PHD2 alone and see if the problem is still there. sadly it still there. (using StellariumScope for Goto)

so it seems that SGP has nothing to do with it (I think). I can't tell if it's from the cables or the software.

Logs:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CQ091BDp4Yd5Ge0Iwdimc_CXqS2fexzE

My equipment are:

• SkyWatcher EQ6-R
  • Edge HD 8" + Reducer 0.7x
  • Imaging cam ASI1600MM-c Pro
  • ZWO EFW 7 Slots Filter Wheel
  • Guiding cam ASI2900mm Mini
  • ZWO OAG
  • Cable: Lynx Astro FTDI EQDIR USB Adapter for Sky-Watcher Mounts

Software:

• ASCOM 6.4SP1
  • EQASCOM V200q
  • Cable driver "v2.12.28"
  • PHD2 2.6.5dev7
  • Windows 10 Home 64bit Ver 1803 Build 17134.648

Please help.

Thanks

Can you try a different cable to the mount?

Did you run the "New equipment profile" in PHD2 when you switched?

How good was the calibration?

What did the guiding assistant recommend?

Can you post a guide log?

2 hours ago, almcl said:

Can you try a different cable to the mount?

Did you run the "New equipment profile" in PHD2 when you switched?

How good was the calibration?

What did the guiding assistant recommend?

Can you post a guide log?

Thanks almcl. 

I don't have another cable right now. And ordering a new one will take more than 5 days. I want to make sure it's not a software issue first if possible. 

I didn't run a new equipment profile. Since it's the same guide cam I've been using before. I just adjusted the focal length. 

I think the calibration said that the RA wasn't good for some reason and it asjed me if I want to accept it or not. And I accepted it. 

I did use the guide assistant and it failed at some point. It tried to correct for backlash. 

I posted my guide logs in my original post "as a link" . 

Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, almcl said:

OK, I see you have raised this on the Google group as well, I think you will get good advice there...

Sorry I just noticed that the link for the logs isn't working. so I fixed it.

yes I did post it in Google Group, if they came up with a solution I'll post it here for sure ;)

for now I'm doing a fresh windows install, I'll install the minimal software I can. will see how it goes.

Thanks almcl

• 3 weeks later...

Archived