SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Printing Your Endeavors

Kaliska

I'm sure there are quite a few of you who like to use your home inkjet printers to print off some of your images, but just wondered what type of paper you prefer? Glossy...Matt etc, or do you send them off somewhere to get printed professionally?

I have printed out in both before, but the jury is still out haha

Maybe I am not sufficiently discerning but I have been very pleased with prints of my images from FreePrints using their iOS app. On the one occasion I was not too happy they immediately reprinted taking on board my comments and at no extra cost. The largest I've had printed is 10" x 8" and you get a free 6" x 4" thrown in.

HTH

5 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

Maybe I am not sufficiently discerning but I have been very pleased with prints of my images from FreePrints using their iOS app. On the one occasion I was not too happy they immediately reprinted taking on board my comments and at no extra cost. The largest I've had printed is 10" x 8" and you get a free 6" x 4" thrown in.

HTH

Glossy or matt?

I have an ancient Epson R2400 printer, and tend to print on Epson premium glossy photo paper, as I find I can get deeper blacks than with the various matt photo papers that I've tried.

If you're doing your own printing make sure you have your whole pipeline profiled.

I did try an online print service a fair few months back to print a widefield.

Turned out OK, yet the image that I had on my computer monitor (which was calibrated too) was brighter than the actual print and as such you could not see some of the nebulosity in certain areas.

Have not tried again recently as am in a bit of dry period for data, but if I do get an image that I really like, then would do a large print again.

For last Christmas I had a large Ha mosaic of the Cygnus region printed onto 800mm x 600mm canvas by BonusPrint for a present, it turned out very well and would certainly use them in the future especially if you can get a discount offer.

Cheers,
Steve

Using an Epson 3880 pro with various kinds of paper.

Epson at least in North America tends to have refurbished copies of their high end printers in sale at various times. So one can pickup very good ink jet for relatively low costs.

Archived