Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_christmas_presents_winners.thumb.jpg.0650e36a94861077374d1ab41812d185.jpg

michaelmorris

Kelling Heath Spring Star Party?

Posted (edited)

We're off to Norfolk next week for the Kelling Heath spring star party (pitch 304 at the top of the red field).   ?

Is anyone else going?

Edited by michaelmorris

I may travel to have look.as I've never been.only in the daylight hours .be good to see .

I am also considering popping over during the main weekend. 

But I have not booked a pitch to stay.

So not sure if I can bring a scope with me.

Does anyone know if any main astro shops are attending?

8 hours ago, djpaul said:

Does anyone know if any main astro shops are attending?

Altair Astro, Widescreen and usually Ensoptical. There's usually some more too but I haven't seen a list.

14 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

We're off to Norfolk next week for the Kelling Heath spring star party (pitch 304 at the top of the red field).   ?

Is anyone else going?

We're coming this weekend sometime.

Hi,

I was thinking of going on the Thursday afternoon to have a look around,is it possible to just walk in to the camp?

3 hours ago, saturnian said:

Hi,

I was thinking of going on the Thursday afternoon to have a look around,is it possible to just walk in to the camp?

Unless they have installed a barrier on the site since last September, there is nothing to stop you walking on to the site.  As a matter of courtesy, I guess it would probably be a good idea to pop in to reception or give the site a ring to ask if it is okay.

I was going but with the weather forecast deteriorating by the hour I am not sure if I will anymore. Many of the main stream visual obsevers won't be at this one anyway.

Owen

On 27/03/2019 at 18:18, michaelmorris said:

Is anyone else going?

Yup!

Somewhere on yellow :)

Me too - wherever Grant has booked me ?

I'm hoping to go up Friday (pitch T352, roughly mid/ upper in the Red area) for some visual observing with a dob. Fingers crossed for the forecast improving a bit !

Posted (edited)

We’ve been here for three nights now.  Monday night was cloudy, but with some clear gaps. Tuesday was cloudy until about 11.30, then unexpectedly cleared for the next two hours.  Last night was a generally clear night, with the occasional bank of cloud coming over for 20-30 minutes before clearing again. 

Cracking ?

Edited by michaelmorris
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

We’ve been here for three nights now.  Monday night was cloudy, but with some clear gaps. Tuesday was cloudy until about 11.30, then unexpectedly cleared for the next two hours.  Last night was a generally clear night, with the occasional bank of cloud coming over for 20-30 minutes before clearing again. 

Cracking ?

Sounding OK so far..... tonight looks to be clear, my friend will be up for that (same pitch). I'll be coming up Friday hoping that the weekend forecasts are actually fibbing. Sunday night forecast looks bit better.

Posted (edited)

Yet another clear night. Not crystal clear as there was a bit of high cloud at times, but still better than I usually get from my light polluted back garden.

Now in the enviable position of starting to feel a bit run down due to lack of sleep ??

Edited by michaelmorris
  • Like 1

Glad you are getting some clear skies folks, it's a long way to go for cloud.

Carole