Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kelling Heath Spring Star Party?

8 hours ago, djpaul said:

Does anyone know if any main astro shops are attending?

Altair Astro, Widescreen and usually Ensoptical. There's usually some more too but I haven't seen a list.

14 hours ago, michaelmorris said:

We're off to Norfolk next week for the Kelling Heath spring star party (pitch 304 at the top of the red field).   ?

Is anyone else going?

We're coming this weekend sometime.

3 hours ago, saturnian said:

Hi,

I was thinking of going on the Thursday afternoon to have a look around,is it possible to just walk in to the camp?

Unless they have installed a barrier on the site since last September, there is nothing to stop you walking on to the site.  As a matter of courtesy, I guess it would probably be a good idea to pop in to reception or give the site a ring to ask if it is okay.

I was going but with the weather forecast deteriorating by the hour I am not sure if I will anymore. Many of the main stream visual obsevers won't be at this one anyway.

Owen

We’ve been here for three nights now.  Monday night was cloudy, but with some clear gaps. Tuesday was cloudy until about 11.30, then unexpectedly cleared for the next two hours.  Last night was a generally clear night, with the occasional bank of cloud coming over for 20-30 minutes before clearing again. 

Cracking ?

6 minutes ago, michaelmorris said:

We’ve been here for three nights now.  Monday night was cloudy, but with some clear gaps. Tuesday was cloudy until about 11.30, then unexpectedly cleared for the next two hours.  Last night was a generally clear night, with the occasional bank of cloud coming over for 20-30 minutes before clearing again. 

Cracking ?

Sounding OK so far..... tonight looks to be clear, my friend will be up for that (same pitch). I'll be coming up Friday hoping that the weekend forecasts are actually fibbing. Sunday night forecast looks bit better.

Yet another clear night. Not crystal clear as there was a bit of high cloud at times, but still better than I usually get from my light polluted back garden.

Now in the enviable position of starting to feel a bit run down due to lack of sleep ??

Archived