Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 My first 2 scope 2 camera combined image

Star101

I aligned my TS APO65Q (fl 420mm) and C11 Hyperstar(fl 560mm).

The cameras were not perfectly aligned. I need to go back and do that. :)

Took 30 x 120s Lum and 13 x 300s OSC ( RGB ) Processed and combined in Pixinsight.

I found the Atik Hyperstar images had to be flipped vertically and horizontally to match the ZWO TS image before I registered them together.

Here are the two images and the final integrated M101.

Thanks for looking.

ZWO Lum 1.jpg

Atik RGB 1.jpg

M101 LRGB 260319 two scopes and two cameras.jpg

Thanks Sland. My processing skill are still lacking but hey :) 

I've been thinking about trying this out for some time. I was very happy when I managed to get the scopes aligned. 

Now its just a case of fine tuning and I can cut my imaging time by half :) 

I used

Atik 4120ex OSC Hyperstar is f/2

ZWO 183mm Pro TS APO65Q is f/6.5

The ZWO also had the filterwheel and OAG. 

The ATIK OSC sits on the aperture ( front end ) of the scope using Hyperstar. Although I have a filter drawer on my Hyperstar. Its easier to set the ZWO camera and filterwheel on the TS than use the ZWO on the C11 Hyperstar and swap filters each time. I can set SGPro running and swapping filters while I sleep :D  Use Artemis for the ATIK and leave that downloading.

13 hours ago, Shibby said:

Good work, would be very nice to halve imaging times in this country! Must take a lot of setup, though!

Fortunately I have a ROR Shed setup. As the TS was already piggybacked on the C11. It was just a matter of replacing the rings that came with the TS scope with some old adjustable scope rings from my old Celestron 80mm guidescope. About 90 mins in total....and a lot of luck centering the same star in both scopes :)

And yes. At present I am finding I am using the ZWO for Lum and maybe Ha soon. And the Atik for the colour. It is proving faster. Also, as I have spent the last few months with the C11 at full 2800mm f/10. I am finding f/2 so much faster. Its  a lot of fun lol.

Archived