Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very quick M106 & Time lapse

peter shah

spacer.pngSnapped this one last night just before the moon came up 3x600s of Luminance added to some RGB I had from a while back. Its an extreme crop from the full frame just wanted to keep it nice and tight. My AG12 Newtonian and H35 Starlight Xpress.

I have also just finished my observatory cam so I can keep an eye on the scope while imaging from the house. This is a little time lapse thrown together with the results from the session shown at the end.

M106-Edit.jpg

That’s amazing Peter, I am also very interested to know how much RGB integration time there is on this one, I got 5.9 hrs total integration time on this galaxy with an Esprit 150 but with no where near this amount of colour.

7 minutes ago, Ronclarke said:

Awesome as usual Peter ?

Thanks Ron

6 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

That is truly a beautiful image. How much rgb is in there? 

The RGB was taken 2years ago same kit and location 45mins in each. The whole idea was to refine my guiding and try out the observatory cam....and so I took a couple of quick frames before the moon came up

1 minute ago, tomato said:

That’s amazing Peter, I am also very interested to know how much RGB integration time there is on this one, I got 5.9 hrs total integration time on this galaxy with an Esprit 150 but with no where near this amount of colour.

45mins in each RGB 

16 minutes ago, tomato said:

Its a fast scope at f3.8 and the pixels are big so the signal isnt too bad, so i can push the stack quite far.

Excellent! I don't know how you achieve so much excellent detail & colour without much data.

I might have to copy your obsy cam - I do have a Blink camera pointing at the scope but can only view it intermittently on my phone. What have you used for yours?

1 hour ago, Shibby said:

Excellent! I don't know how you achieve so much excellent detail & colour without much data.

I might have to copy your obsy cam - I do have a Blink camera pointing at the scope but can only view it intermittently on my phone. What have you used for yours?

Fast optics and big pixels gives me the signal and I have a work flow that allows me to pull as much out as possible. I dont use darks either but good flats and bias frames are essential. 

It was going to be an all sky camera but then decided to use it in the observatory. IR is a pain.

26 minutes ago, AstroAndy said:

Again, Peter, I must say something like if my slow one looked like that, I'de be happy, awesome job.

Thank you

23 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

Imaging your imaging rig? That is a new one! Very nice indeed.

Paul

Hi Paul,  Thank you,  the Observatory Cam is there so I can keep an eye on the kit while I'm in the house and the cam automatically makes avi and jpegs....so really just a by-product ?

20 hours ago, Ceph said:

Cool time lapse and picture:)

Are you always awake when photographing or you have some kind of warning systems for clouds or even rain which closes the observatory?

I try to get some sleep....but I never seem to be able to manage it. Yes I use the AAG cloud watcher system. It seems to be very reliable.

18 hours ago, Barry-Wilson said:

Hi Peter - even with deep wells you manage to make the processing seem effortless and the image does not look pushed at all.  Lovely detail in the core with hints of the ejected Ha jets.  Excellent work.

Thank you Barry, I hoping to get some more on it and see if I can grab a glimpse of that jet

7 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

Just wonderful Peter. Videos like this make me want to go out and try the same thing. 

Its not really that difficult to do. A cheap ZWO120 and a RPI and you are away.

45 minutes ago, peter shah said:

I try to get some sleep....but I never seem to be able to manage it. Yes I use the AAG cloud watcher system. It seems to be very reliable.

Thank you Barry, I hoping to get some more on it and see if I can grab a glimpse of that jet

Its not really that difficult to do. A cheap ZWO120 and a RPI and you are away.

All of which I readily have at my disposal.  Do you happen to have any spare time going lol

Archived