Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

issues phd2 qhy5l-ii

Fieldsy

How is it connected?

I use ASImini which is connected to ASI1600MM and which goes to the powered USB hub.

And I noticed some connection problems if I connect my Canon into the same UBS hub.

While Canon finishes the exposure and file is downloading, it freezes my ASImini for around 21sec.

I simply switched my canon off as I was just testing... but now.. I do not recall if I have enabled USB hub power at all!!! :)

Edited by RolandKol

1 hour ago, RolandKol said:

If you mean directly to the Laptop, - you can try another USB cable, or swap cables between cameras and test.

If it's a cable, - solution is simple...

if it's cam, - I would send it back

Camera works fine when I use ezplanatory qhy supplied software.

When I use phd2 the display looks like a untuned TV and none of the settings change the display

I recall, I you already had one topic about it...

PHD2 just released an update (2 days ago), - does it misbehaves also? as my ASImini was not recognized by previous version at all.

Edited by RolandKol

21 minutes ago, RolandKol said:

I recall, I you already had one topic about it...

PHD2 just released an update (2 days ago), - does it misbehaves also? as my ASImini was not recognized by previous version at all.

Yeah it's still not recognised by any software other than EZPlanetary.about to do a complete uninstall of all qhy/phd/ascom and reinstall and see what happens .I've also posted on the phd2 forum but I'm not sure if the issue is just phd2 as apt cant find the qhy cam either.

• Like 1

If one software does see it, but not the others, - probably driver issue.

I am not very familiar with Windows 10 registries and etc, but sometimes they misbehave in such a manner that un-install and re-install drivers have not hellped...

which forced me to re-install windows several times just to make some things to work (not AP related).

In your case if a complete ASCOM and diver re-install does not work

I would take another / fresh PC for test. Install all ASCOM related software (platform, drivers for the mount and camera), later dedicated cam drivers and the software for AP - run a test, if all goes fine.

Wipe windows clean on the initial PC and repeat :)

It is very unusual problem you have got... I had a similar one with EQMOD and mount connection (battle took around 1 month with my victory), once it started to work, I was afraid to wipe the windows for a year! :)

Edited by RolandKol
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fieldsy said:

Yeah it's still not recognised by any software other than EZPlanetary.about to do a complete uninstall of all qhy/phd/ascom and reinstall and see what happens .I've also posted on the phd2 forum but I'm not sure if the issue is just phd2 as apt cant find the qhy cam either.

3 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

? if it's not to much bother would you be able to list driver version you use ? Windows 10 , Phd2 version ,

Thanks

Will do 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fieldsy said:

Post on QHY forums or e-mail them or contact them on Facebook. A camera that only works with EZPlanatery is no good.....

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Adam J said:

Post on QHY forums or e-mail them or contact them on Facebook. A camera that only works with EZPlanatery is no good.....

Sharpcap also  I'm done for today a complete reinstall of everything and still no better ? try again tomorrow before my clr night

Morning all so see if this makes any sense PhD 1.14.2 finds qhy5l-ii camera and can make dark library ?? .so issue must be with phd2 .sooo confused.

Just started up phd2 and now it finds camera but only as qhy capture ascom but will not make darks camera times out I have increased time but still nothing.?