SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Coma Corrector for f/5 Newton and DSLR

I'd get in touch with your supplier (FLO, here in the UK are very good at giving advice).   For what it's worth, I have a Baader MPCC mk2 corrector.  It works very well with my 130PDS, 150PDS scopes (both F5) .    Getting the spacing exactly correct was very important but with careful 'shimming' I added a fraction of a mm to the setup and can get nice shape stars all the way to the edge of my 4/3 size sensor (slightly smaller than the D5100 sensor)

I am currently testing the TS Max Field Coma corrector with a 130PDS Newtonian, a 3-element corrector. My initial impression is it has some advantages over the 2-element correctors (baader and SW) but I have only had a single session with it so have not yet got it dialed in fully. 

Adam

On my f4 quattro I use the Skywatcher Aplanatic corrector (4-element). Works great, but it is designed for the Quattros so I don't know it would fare on an F5 PDS. Note this is a different (and more expensive) beast than the basic Skywatcher 0.9x corrector.

NigelM

20 minutes ago, dph1nm said:

On my f4 quattro I use the Skywatcher Aplanatic corrector (4-element). Works great, but it is designed for the Quattros so I don't know it would fare on an F5 PDS. Note this is a different (and more expensive) beast than the basic Skywatcher 0.9x corrector.

NigelM

That is a good question as to if that corrector can be used at F-ratios other than F4. 

Archived