Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light Mewlon 250

Well just grabbed a 2 hour quick tour with the new Takahashi Mewlon 250 after checking colimation and all was spot on spent nearly a hour viewing M42 unbelievable detail and contrast was amazing I don’t rember seeing this much detail before all the stars of the trapeze were visible and clear fully resolved and sharp  M13 looked like a bag diamonds on black velvet I really can’t wait to get the planets with this scope  as so far it’s delivering results I hoped it would and more .

97E2440A-E3FB-4333-BC38-E74D6AD8CC6B.jpeg

D5F46056-8E5D-4C9F-B5FE-B2BF6E81AA05.jpeg

10 hours ago, Paul73 said:

How do they manage that? Amazing optics. I now REALLY want one of these scopes, even if it isn’t a Dob.

Paul

I was surprised i was unsure at first do they deliver I done a lot of reading up what you can find as there not much and decided to take the plunge and straight away the views were top quality stars were perfect round orbs like in Photos the sky a rich dark black refractor like and the view of M42 was amazing the detail and clarity with out any filter the nebula looked alive smokey if you like admittedly you don’t have the wide view but I put in my 24mm Panoptic and never took it out for 2.5 hours 

1 hour ago, Stu said:

I've been highly impressed by my 210, so the 250 must be amazing. Size and cost held me back from a 250.

Size isn’t to bad admittedly it’s not small but weight is easy compared to others I’ve owned and own cost wise I was very lucky to strike a deal involving my Sumerian which helped and motor focus is amazing 

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on your new 250!!!

I just bought a preowned 250S Mewlon and it absolutely unbelievable.  My favorite telescope to date. It will never leave my possession, which says a lot considering I like to buy and sell scopes to try (especially refractors).

All it took was my first light in good seeing and turning it to the moon and my jaw dropped.  The entire package is just outstanding: from the super sharp finder, to the electronic focuser which eliminates mirror shift and focusing vibrations, to it retaining collimation on an international trip in UPS's hands, and its removable back plate to cool the primary mirror faster if I liked. And then there is the views.....I bought it for deep sky but it turned out to be an insane lunar killer with the 48 brandon and 32 masuyama!!

4 years in the hobby and its a game changer.

OMG what a stunner, you’ll need diapers for your first planetary views, it almost looks as though it’s too much for the mount but, at 20lbs or so I guess it’s ok.

im highly envious I might say.

Archived