Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So I had a free day yesterday and decided to sort out my equipment and update my astro laptop software packages. I downloaded the latest Stellarium and managed to get it to sync with APT. I installed my Xmas present from my sweetheart (Optolong L-eNhance filter) how did she know it's what I wanted??? I recently installed the free trial version of Pixinsight on my main laptop so after watching a few YouTube videos decided to get some Dark and Bias frames to create some masters ready for my next session.
The weather was good yesterday and it stayed clear here as the sun started to set, so I set everything up outside hoping the apps were wrong and it wouldn't get cloudy. As it got darker I launched Sharpcap and completed a polar allingment, I used Stellarium and APT to slew to Vega and checked the focus was good. I then used Goto++ in APT to slew to NGC 7380 (Wizard Nebula), I set PHD2 off guiding and then I had my first issue; my laptop would not connect to my Lyn Astro dew controller so I manually set the temperature to quite low as it wasn't too damp at that time. So I started capturing 5 minute subs went inside and remoted into my astro laptop from my main laptop to check how it was going, all appeared good.
I recently set up a Rpi NAS at home so I'm able to transfer data to it and then to my other laptop on the go, so after I'd got a few subs I opened them in PI to check the quality, they looked ok to me. after about an hour PHD2 started binging a lost star warning so I went outside and the clouds were starting to cover the sky, I then took loads of flat frames using my main laptop, Notepad and 3 sheets of white paper and decided to take some more darks in case it cleared. I then set about trying to process the 9 subs I'd managed to capture with the 200 flat frames the master bias and dark frames I'd created earlier. Despite the lack of subs I'm quite pleased with the result, I have done a quick Histogram stretch, and the knowledge I have gained, I'm definately going to purchase PI when I can afford it.
So this morning I thought I'd sort out the issue with the connection to the Lynx Astro dew controller, you won't believe it, my Astro Laptop will not turn on, it's been playing up for a while I suspect the battery has died. So just when I thought I was getting on top of this frustrating hobby I get another spanner in the works. So do I gamble and order a new battery then discover it is the laptop that has failed, do I set up another old laptop I have and hope it will be ok, do I set up my Rpi3 with Indigo or do I buy a mini PC as I know my way around windows?
Anyway here's the calibrated stacked image as it is in PI with a quick stretch.
Hi, having recently bought a mobile (cell) phone tripod adaptor, I thought I would have a go at setting up my custom landscape view in Stellarium.
I have watched all the videos on YouTube and read all the threads on here and I think I've done everything correctly, but the custom landscape doesn't appear in the list.
I have tried this on my laptop (running Vista SP2) and my (very old) PC (running XP SP2). Neither of these work!
I have included a screen shot of what I've done. I have obviously forgotten or missed something really basic, but for the life of me I can't see what.
Any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you & a Ho, Ho, Ho!
The second bugfix release for series 0.19.
Thank you very much to community for bug reports, feature requests and contributions!
Full list of changes between versions 0.19.1 and 0.19.2:
- Added support DMS and DD formats for parallactic angle feature
- Added altitude limitation filter for AstroCalc/Graphs[AltVsTime/ME] tools
- Added visual improvements for AstroCalc/Graphs tool
- Added new time intervals for AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added computation of ephemeris for all naked-eye visible planets into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added GUI for select the color of ephemeris markers into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool
- Added 2 new scripts (Saturnian and uranian analemmas)
- Added 'k Pup' designation to star HIP 37229 (GH: #706)
- Added information about progress of loading on splash screen (GH: #719)
- Added a new skylore for Stellarium: Anutan
- Added support catalog "Southern Stars embedded in nebulosity" (Van den Bergh and Herbst, 1975 - VdBH)
- Added support "Catalogue and distances of optically visible H II regions" (Dickel+, 1969 - DWB)
- Added distances for few LDN objects
- Added support removing shortcuts through config.ini file (GH: #724)
- Added extraInfoString to StelObject: Allows extra info injected by plugins or scripts.
- Added display of Apex/Antapex points (GH: #737)
- Added "observers" for all planets with moons (GH: #736)
- Added IAU constellation abbreviation to object info
- Added 3 new actions
- Added settings for Script Console (GH: #741)
- Added Vanuatu (Netwar) skyculture (GH: #762)
- Added few asterisms (GH: #753, #768)
- Added new one time step into AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #758)
- Added few new DSO textures (GH: #756, #780)
- Added support Vec3d into scripting engine
- Added a Messier Marathon script (GH: #771)
- Added support for short weekday display modes in bottom toolbar
- Added GUI option to toggle permanent orbit drawing
- Added hyperbolic comet C/2019 Q4 (Borisov) [2I/Borisov] into default ssystem_minor.ini file
- Added a scripting function for refraction (GH: #778)
- Fixed coloring text issue when formatting output is on
- Fixed saving properties for external software/remote computer in Telescope Control plugin (GH: #702)
- Fixed behaviour of selected ephemeris marker when sorting not for date (AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool)
- Fixed sorting date and time columns for AstroCalc/Ephemeris and AstroCalc/Phenomena tools
- Fixed crash on destruction of static QWidget (GH: #720)
- Fixed small difference of values issue for different time zones for Date and Time column in AstroCalc/Ephemeris tool (GH: #717)
- Fixed stupid conversion bug in hmsToRad function (GH: #716)
- Fixed an asymmetry w.r.t. to the ecliptic latitudes (Moon age)
- Fixed Search Tool/Lists behaviour for VdBH catalog
- Fixed distances for few DSO (GH: #708)
- Fixed Gregorian date issue for AstroCalc (GH: #711)
- Fixed support GPS on macOS (GH: #712)
- Fixed coefficient for the duration of mean tropical year
- Fixed issue for images in description for landscapes: set search directory (GH: #735)
- Fixed tooltip behaviour for Date and Time dialog
- Fixed star name to its source spelling (GH: #729)
- Fixed compiling with GPSD 3.19 [API 8.0] (GH: #733)
- Fixed encoding script files in Script Console (GH: #742)
- Fixed drawing names of asterisms
- Fixed aFOV display in Oculars plugin
- Fixed visual issue in Script Console (white background) with Qt 5.13
- Fixed links for scripting docs (SUG)
- Fixed screen flashing during solar eclipse (GH: #747)
- Fixed core.resetOutput(); method behaviour (GH: #750)
- Fixed AltGr behaviour for some languages on Windows
- Fixed clipping issue for LabelMgr.labelObject (GH: #776)
- Fixed weekday computation
- Fixed rendering planets orbits (GH: #773)
- Fixed error in shape of asterism Red-Necked Emu (GH: #769)
- Fixed proper removing of default secondary shortcut (GH: #764)
- Fixed cross-id error in DSO catalog
- Updated appdata.xml file
- Updated outdated code for names of days and months
- Updated Observability plugin
- Updated list of proper names of stars (IAU approved list)
- Updated Moon age calculation: let's use geocentric coordinates only for compute of the Moon age
- Updated AstroCalc/PC tool: simplification and colorification for graphs
- Updated AstroCalc/Phenomena tool: small speed-up
- Updated the default color space: StelToneReproducer now use sRGB as target RGB color space (GH: #718)
- Updated GUI for Satellites plugin
- Updated common names for DSO
- Updated common names for stars
- Updated packaging for macOS: Let's use macdeployqt for creating a MacOS bundles
- Updated nomenclature support: Let's use compressed nomenclature data to reduce an installation package
- Updated translations
- Updated planetary nomenclature
- Updated Sardinian skyculture
- Updated file handling in Script Console
- Updated HDPI features: enabled scaling fonts on High DPI monitors (GH: #546)
- Updated default shortcuts: changed default shortcut for copying selected object information (Ctrl+C -> Ctrl+Shift+C) to allow use Ctrl+C shortcut for text edit fields for whole planetarium (GH: #748)
- Updated getInfoMap method [scripting engine]: enhanced the getInfoMap method for the Sun (get eclipse data; GH: #747)
- Updated Chinese (Simplified) and Russian translations for Windows installer (GH: #755, #779)
- Updated Bookmarks tool
- Updated default exoplanets and pulsars catalogs
- Updated behaviour on Windows: disable HiDPI scaling in manifest (GH: #763)
- Updated Oculars plugin: improve RA/Dec output for CCD frame
- Code refactoring: type checking/casting clarifications
- Removed FOV plugin (the feature was moved into core of planetarium)
Homepage + links to downloading binary packages: https://stellarium.org
Hello, i am new to this forum, i made my account here because i need help.
So few weeks ago i ordered a USB to Serial cable to be able to Control my Telescope with my computer using stellarium.
It arrived today.
So i made my Star Alignment, then i plugged the cable to my Telescope and Computer, i installed the Cable driver and ASCOM Platform + ASCOM Celestron Driver.
I started DriverConnect.exe and put the Celestron Driver i downloaded, and did the properties informations ( had to tick on "Advanced Setup" and "Show All COM Ports" ) and i put "COM8" on "COM Port", then i pressed "OK" and then "Connect"
Create Creating device
Connected Connecting to device
Error System.Exception: Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected
to System.Dynamic.ComRuntimeHelpers.CheckThrowException(Int32 hresult, ExcepInfo& excepInfo, UInt32 argErr, String message)
to CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , ComObject , Boolean )
to ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose Disposing of device
ReleaseComObject Releasing COM instance
ReleaseComObject Completed release. Count: 0
GC Collect Starting garbage collection
GC Collect Completed garbage collection
"Connect to COM1 failed, no Celestron scope detected"
In Stellarium i set-up everything, the plug-in and restarted the app, then added my telescope and i says it's "connected" but i can't find my telescope.
Celestron NexStar 127SLT
The Cable i bought:
Windows 10 Pro, GTX 970, 8GB Ram(DDR4), i7 6700 3.4Ghz
Looking forward for your help, thanks in advance,
So I'm referring to the main astro-softwares that you use during your sessions on your phone or tablet, and found that most of people use mainly those two softwares on their phones. Laptop versions of the software are different products and are not the focus of this topic.
So which do you use and why?
I personally have Stellarium plus, and the free version of SkySafarai, so I have an understanding of how the user-interface of both works, I have been researching the extra features in the SkySafari Pro, and have figured the following so far (please correct me if I'm wrong):
* I'm aware that both let you control your GoTo telescopes
* I personally find current version of Stellarium to be more user friendly and easier to navigate the sky manually , could be the configured settings though
* SkySafari has more options to the search bar, e.g. "Tonight's Best" based on your location, also a menu of Messier catalog with a highlight of those currently visible at your time and location, others like best deep sky objects
* SkySafari has this wonderful feature of creating an observing list, very helpful to plan your session and share and download with/from others
* Stellarium Plus has a database of around 1.69 billion stars,while SkySafari 6 Pro has around 100 milion starts (don't think it's important as most of them aren't visible in amateur telescopes, I think I read somewhere that only 25 million stars are possible to observe with our telescopes, up to 15th mag, wonder if any of you have tried to push this limit)