SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

connection problems

51 minutes ago, paul mc c said:

Also when you click connect in cdc, when window comes up does it say POTH at top of window,it is a simple thing thats wrong,i had the same thing happen and it was a simple thing i had'nt clicked,but i cant remember what exactly i done.

Can't see poth, the options I got are INDI driver, manual mount, ascom, LX200 or encoders

2 hours ago, bottletopburly said:

When you open cdc are you letting it open Eqmod or are you opening Eqmod before, best let cdc open Eqmod so should open  when you press connect telescope 

cdc first then let cdc open eqmod

Other than reinstalling cdc after unistalling cdc , seems odd ,sounds like cdc is using simulator thats why mount not responding to commands , if you can move mount via eqmod interface then everything is installed as it should ,have you tried a different planatarium program  

18 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Just confirm that you're correctly installing the EQMod under CdC.

After selecting HEQ5/6 Eqmod then click properties - should bring up the EQmod screen as shown.......

Is this what you see?

CdC EQMod.JPG

Yes it is even the site location is the same on both cd & eqnod.

This is being said with all due respect but please can you post screen images of each step you do AND before that a screen print of device manager when all the cables have been connected but no software has been loaded/running.

All the screen images seem to have come from people trying to help but they need to "see" what's happening - "a picture paints etc etc". Do not be embarrassed , if you are , I like other have made some real howlers LOL

Hopefully SGL will then get it sorted quickly,if you have sorted it already, so you can do what the dam stuff is intended for Star Gazing/Astronomy ?

18 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

Mark,

Hmmm OK

If your mount is connected, and unparked try the EQMod direction arrows and a rate of say 3 - does the mount respond and move around?

eqmod screen.JPG

When done like this it does, but when I press park nothing happens.

5 hours ago, stash_old said:

This is being said with all due respect but please can you post screen images of each step you do AND before that a screen print of device manager when all the cables have been connected but no software has been loaded/running.

All the screen images seem to have come from people trying to help but they need to "see" what's happening - "a picture paints etc etc". Do not be embarrassed , if you are , I like other have made some real howlers LOL

Hopefully SGL will then get it sorted quickly,if you have sorted it already, so you can do what the dam stuff is intended for Star Gazing/Astronomy ?

I know it sounds daft but how does one get the screen images?

2 minutes ago, mark skelton said:

I know it sounds daft but how does one get the screen images?

Use either (assuming Win)

1. Function key and PRT SC ( mybe different on your keyboard) this copys the whole screen to Copy&Paste board - so then just start paint (or similar) and "PASTE" - image appears. Save and upload each screen image.

or

2. Snipping tool - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots

• 1 month later...

Ok here's the latest, had brother ( he's into IT)look at laptop couldn't find the problem but sorted a few other things out with the laptop make it perform better.  Anyway got the telescope set up out side connected up to laptop, went to select Arcturus, slew this time I heard an odd noise from the mount then I had the same problems as before. when I had a closer look at the mount I noticed that the Dec worm gear was a bit tight making it had for the motor to turn the dec axis. A good adjustment of the grub screws sorted that out, A quick check with cdc and the mount is moving so I give it another test run tomorrow to see if every things ok.