Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Getting angles right.

I am trying to determine which Stars allegedly lie along certain directions within the Galactic Plane (GP). I would like to be pointed to a good map of the Stars w.r.t the GP. Does anyone have a suggestion? Would love to buy a decent wall map of such.

The other thing I'm pondering (main query here) and not sure if I'm right is if I take the 180 degree of the GP then I think I' heading out of the Galaxy directly away from the center. That would lead me through the Perseus arm (about 5000LY away) assuming I was keeping to the plane. Given that as a reference what nearest Star groups are in the direction of 60 degrees which I think is pointing  clockwise along the Orion arm (go far enough one wold cross the Perseus arm I think). Not too bothered with the inclination here but fairly within the main arms.

Thanks.

Archived