Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Ready and waiting

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice looking tripod. Can I ask how it performs compared to a steel tripod. Weight wise and stability? 

I am thinking of changing from a steel to either a wood or aluminium tripod. 

That's a shame Michael, expectations dashed but perhaps a window will open later and afford an opportunity to get that attractive  rig  doing it's stuff. Here's hoping anyway. If not, the Malt will ease the Pain. 

Ron.

11 hours ago, Grumpy Martian said:

Nice looking tripod. Can I ask how it performs compared to a steel tripod. Weight wise and stability? 

I am thinking of changing from a steel to either a wood or aluminium tripod. 

I think the old wooden tripod Vixen supplied with their Great Polaris mount has a better reputation than their later aluminium one. Haven't compared the two, or made a comparison to a steel one. It is nice and stable, not very heavy, and vibrations damp out rapidly.

To add insult to injury, when I looked out of the window after going to bed at 1:20 or so, the skies had cleared again. I didn't want to lug everything out again, wait for 30 minutes for the scope to cool, and start imaging, so I just swore (quite quietly) and went back to bed.

13 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

No coffee for me, ever! Beer can wait until after the session (although a tot of malt whisky goes down even better).

No coffee!! Why do you think they had a cow jumping over the moon? Needed the cream for their coffee!

Archived