Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

N.I.N.A - Blind Plate Solving

Robny

Hi All

Anyone using NINA, can't seem to get the local blind plate solving to work.  Everything else is great, juat tgis final piece that keeps sending my round in circles between Cygnas and Astronomy.net, feels like I need a degfeee in software engineering to get it going.

Any pointers would be very much appreciated.  Using a Windows 10 machine.

Thanks

Rob

1 hour ago, han59 said:

If you use ASTAP as a substitute for PlateSolve2 you don't need a blind solver.

Read more at NINA discussions:
https://discordapp.com/invite/fwpmHU4

Installation

Performance

After NINA version 1.8 it will be fully integrated. For the moment you have to use it in Platesolve2 mode.

--Han

nina_astap.png.ce2208feae8be6dce85097e8a9c05fd0.png

Thank you...Will give this a go, or I may wait until 1.8 goes live

rob

Thank you Han,

I will try the above setting today eve. I am a regular user & updates downloder of your ASTAP " GREAT SOFTWARE? "

Regards

Martin

19 minutes ago, Robny said:

Thank you...Will give this a go, or I may wait until 1.8 goes live

Yesterday the NINA developers said they will first finalise version 1.8 and then introduce ASTAP menu option in the first "nightly builds" so next ß versions. That will take maybe a few weeks.  Using it now as PlateSolve2 substitute will not reduce the performance or usage.

--Han

10 hours ago, han59 said:

Yesterday the NINA developers said they will first finalise version 1.8 and then introduce ASTAP menu option in the first "nightly builds" so next ß versions. That will take maybe a few weeks.  Using it now as PlateSolve2 substitute will not reduce the performance or usage.

--Han

Thanks Han.

I will try and get it set up over the weekend in that case :)

Rob

It went faster then expected. "NINA Version 1.9 NIGHTLY #001" is already available with ASTAP solver as menu option. 

Later, There is a problem with the new interface for negative DEC values. You better use the old way as PlateSolve2 substitute which works fine. 

It works now with "NINA Version 1.9 NIGHTLY build #002" just released and ASTAP 0.9.192. so both programs require the latest versions. Else use ASTAP as PlateSolve2 substitute.

Han

Archived