Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

20th March "Super Worm" Moon

StaceStar

I'm not sure where all these odd names for the full moon are coming from? Apparently last night was a worm moon??? Regardless happy first day of spring everyone...here's my moon from last night :)

Taken with an altair 72EDF Deluxe, GPCAM 290c and 0.5x reducer.

supermoon mar19.png

14 minutes ago, StaceStar said:

I'm not sure where all these odd names for the full moon are coming from? Apparently last night was a worm moon??? 

Agreed!

That's a cracking image still, not a worm in sight!

Lovely image. 

I looked it up “As the temperature begins to warm and the ground begins to thaw, earthworm casts appear, heralding the return of the robins. For this reason, the March full moon is often known as the Full Worm Moon.”

Hence no worms in sight, the Robins got’em! :) 

Nice capture no matter what their calling it...indeed. Cool though the moon has become a media sensation, I do get a chuckle from some of the names and the worm thing is no exception ?

24 minutes ago, Astro Imp said:

Great capture.
Regarding the names. I tend to let them all pass me by but as this seems media driven at least it might make more of the public aware of what's "up there".

Thank you and very true, if it gets folks interested then great ?

Archived