Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help needed with altair astro gpcam3 224c

Tuda78

I recently purchased the Altair astro gpcam3 224c. I used the camera for the first time on sunday night to take some video of the moon. The problem I'm having is processing the videos, I have tried Autostakert2 and register but neither seem to recognise the files. The videos are mp4 files, I have tried converting them to avis but that still didn't work. Im sure I'm missing something simple but got just can't figure it out! Please help 

I received this camera recently and used the supplied Altair Capture software only.  If you're also using this, then outputting in RAW format gives me .SER files which I typically add to PIPP to use AOI (Area of Internet) and process them to .SER or .TIFF files (Output Options tab) to then use in AutoStakkert!2/3.  AutoStakkert!2/3 accepts both these outputs no problem.

As mentioned by Peter above, the PIPP site is good - some useful tutorials there about surface and full disc imaging with PIPP.  Especially useful help with AOI and AFB.

Hope this helps.

Archived