SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First go at the Moon

Hi all,

Popped out last night to have a go at shooting the moon through my SW-150PL, using my iPhone to capture. Nothing amazing here - handheld the phone up to the 25mm eyepiece and took a few shots. This was the best, and I have done some minor tweaks using the phones photo editor to bring out some detail.

IMG_0069.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

It's such a great feeling to be able to look back on one of your own first images. You certainly did a better job than I did of handheld photography over the eyepiece!

Did you use the standard camera app? You can get free apps (I use FV-5 Lite) that allow for different ISO sensitivity and shutter speeds which will lead to more detail being captured. 

Nice one, I do often use a smartphone adapter but when one is not handy the garage wall is an awesome leaning post for steadying. Looks as though you are a bit steadier than I am ? 

Archived